"Is that cinnamon? Your dad made his famous cinnamon cookies?" She asked with a wide smile.

Jake reached over to the backseat and grabbed a red box filled with what Zoe called 'little pieces of heaven' desserts, chuckling at her joyful reaction, "Way to ruin the surprise, now buckle up and text Arty we are on our way,"

Her phone buzzed in her pocket and she pulled it out just to find out Artemis had already texted them.

🏈Arty 🏈

i can't make it today. got extra practice.

im sorry

With a disappointed sigh, Zoe texted her back saying it was okay and she should be careful and not overwork herself.

'As if it ever stopped her before' The redhead thought to herself.

"Uh, she can't come, she has an extra practice," Zoe told Jake, watching as a frown took over his features.

"Oh," Was his only response. Though it might seem stupid for some people, Zoe knew movie nights were special to him. Ever since he got his license, Jake used every opportunity he had to take them out for a movie night. And yeah, while it was a little excessive, it meant a lot to him.

"You know, it just means we have more cookies for us now," Zoe tried to cheer up. She opened the lid and grabbed out a cookie, holding it up with a playful smile and taking a bite, "That's definitely a win for me,"

It seemed to work a little bit as she saw a smile tugging at his lips. "Easy there! We need to save those to when we actually see the movie," he tried to scold and took the box out of Zoe's hands, putting it back in the backseat.

"Wha— I only took one! You're so mean!"

"Good thing I'm your best friend, right?"

It took them about ten minutes before they got to the theater and it was safe to say any trace of disappointment had completely vanished from the boy's face. In fact, he almost seemed to be jumping at his seat.

"You look excited,"

"Yes! It's a classic one!"

"Please tell me it's doesn't involve any high-school drama, I already know how those ones are gonna end," Zoe said, taking out the kettle corn from her bag and handing it to Jake.

"In your entire life, you watched maybe three movies." He raised his eyebrows at her.

"Doesn't matter, I know all the rules for a high school cliché movie."

"Really? Oh The Great Z, please enlighten me with your cinematic wisdom."

"It goes like this," She started with a polished tone, "The popular kid in the movie dates another popular kid, like the cheerleader and the quarterback kind of stuff. People immediately set them to be the King and Queen of prom."

"It's a life achievement, really," Jake added, playing along.

"But then, they have a fight and the popular kid accidentally bumps into a nerdy, shy kid in the hallways and things really start to go off."

"Oh yeah?"

"Totally! The shy kid and the popular kid start getting closer and tell each other stuff they have never told anyone before. They are super close to getting together, but then, totally and completely unexpected—"

"Something goes wrong?"

"Something must go wrong." She repeated dramatically, sending them both to fits of laugher.