O N E

Chapter Status: Edited

Jade's P.O.V.

"Jade," Jack sobs through the phone, "Can you come over?"

"Of course, Johnson, I'll be there in 5 okay, love you." I reply. I'm in the middle of cooking, but Johnson, my best friend, needs me.

"Okay, love you too." He once again sobs. I sigh I turn everything off and change into something comfy, with my hair down. Then drive my car 10 blocks down, then turn right at the stop sign. I park in the drive way, and quicky run to the door, my keys jingling in my hands.

  I unlock the door with my key.

"Jack?" I yell into the dark house, "Its Jade!" Nothing. I sigh and turn on the hallway light. I walk upstairs and hear sobbing.

Jack's room. I walk over to Jack's door and knock softly before entering. I gasp at the sight.

      The entire room is completely trashed. Glass shards scattered across the floor from the broken mirror. Clothes everywhere, bed mattress half off the frame, causing the half to tilt up in the air. And it looks like everything was sweeped off the dresser, consisting of bracelets, lotion, cologne and the such.

  I here the sobbing again, coming from Jack's bathroom. I try to avoid stepping on the glass shards and walk to the bathroom. I look inside and see Johnson sitting on the ground against the wall, his phone is on the floor by him, there's a bloody razor blade on the counter, he has a half bottle of vodka in his bruised and bleeding hand. His face is puffy and red, eyes bloodshot.

"Jack," I whisper I run up to him, "Why, w-what the hell happened?!" I exclaim.

"I'll never be good enough Jade," He says, his voice is raspy, "For anyone." He takes another gulp of vodka, I quickly take it away from him.

"What are you talking about Jack? You are an amazing guy and anyone who can't see that is an idiot." I tell him.

"She dumped me, Jade." He looks up at me with tears in his eyes, "McKenna broke up with me, she said I'm too ugly and skinny. She said I'm useless, she called me anorexic and said she can't waste her time with me." He chokes out, "This ones for her." He points to the biggest and deepest cut out of the dozen on his left arm.

"Jack," I stutter.

"It's okay, you can leave me too. I'm already used to it." He tells me, another tear escaping his eye. I shake my head, "I'm not going anywhere Jack c'mon." I say, putting his arm around my shoulder so I can get him to the counter, he sits on it. I grab the first aid kit and peroxide from the closet.

  I wet a wash cloth and soak up the blood on his knuckles and arm, I rinse out the blood then put some peroxide on a cotton ball, "This is gonna burn." I warn then dab his knuckles and he hisses, "Sorry, Jack."

"Don't be." He replies. I grab his arm, looking at the cuts. I tear up at the sight, "Jade, please don't cry. Please, I'm fine." Jack tries to cheer me up, he's the one that is broken right now, yet he's trying to make ME happy. this is why I love him, he is amazing and anyone would be lucky to have him in their life.

"No Jack!" I yell, "You aren't okay! You aren't okay, you save people everyday. Jack everyday, with your music, vine, tweet, snapchat, even a goddamn picture. You save people, you prevent them from cutting and even suicide, Jack! But who's going to save you?" I exclaim while cleaning his arm, I feel a tear fall but I quickly wipe it it with the back of my hand.

"Maybe I wasn't meant to be saved." He mutters, I glare at him and smack he back of his head. He groans, I just roll my eyes and wrap a bandage around his arm then put everything away and hang the washcloth to dry.