"Please. He follows me around is all." She walked along the edge of the roof, her back to Mike. He had barely said anything to her since his return from the Underworld. The few times she had seen him for longer than a few seconds, he had been busy either researching something or spending time with one of the others.

Time fucking them, that was. It had been a shock the first few times she had walked in on Mike with one of the other girls, but now she had seen him have sex with almost everybody in the house. She had been dumb enough to ask Death about it, which had turned into an hours-long explanation regarding his take on human relationships. However, she had learned from Abella that Mike and Naia shared some sort of spiritual bond that made the others so attracted to him.

Whatever magic he possessed didn't seem to have any effect on her, thank god. She felt embarrassed by how eager the others were to please him, treating him like a celebrity rock god, or something. They seemed to fall over each other trying to make him happy, and if he wasn't so damned nice to everybody, she probably would have left out of disgust.

Still, when he had appeared on the roof, she couldn't help but notice that his hair was perfectly styled, and the wind on the roof ruffled his shirt in a manner that highlighted the muscles in his chest. Even mother nature was falling over herself to make him look good, and she snorted at the idea.

"It really is appreciated," he said. "I'll admit, I get stuff done much faster without having to explain myself to him, so you've been a big help to me. But that's not why I'm up here."

"Oh?" She smirked and turned around, but was surprised to see that he had removed his shoes to walk along the edge right behind her. "Aren't you afraid you'll fall?"

"Used to be. Heights don't bother me anymore."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "How did you get up here, anyway?"

"Climbed up," he answered. "Abella told me you were here and offered me a lift, but she has a habit of demanding certain favors from me afterward."

Kisa snorted again, then looked away. Indeed.

"Anyway, the real reason I came up here was because of Zel's ceremony tomorrow. She's becoming the official chieftain of the whole herd, and she invited some of us to come and take part."

She had no interest in the centaurs other than to watch them out in the front yard as they worked. If nothing else, they had been entertaining to observe. "Why do you think they want me there?" she asked, then scampered up the roof to hop onto one of the turrets.

"They didn't request you specifically." Mike stood just below the turret now. "I was just wondering if you wanted to go with me. There's supposed to be dancing and music, and I thought you might enjoy getting out of the house for a bit."

She stopped on the edge of the turret, then turned around. "What kind of music?"

"I have no idea," he told her, then turned to look over the yard. "It's really pretty up here."

She scowled, ready to tell him that the roof was hers. Abella usually kept to herself, which meant that other than Death, it was one of the only places she could be alone. However, she bit her tongue.

"Anyway, if you wanted to come, I wanted you to have a heads up so you can pick out a dress or something. Tink is making a dress for herself and offered to make you one, too."

"Tink...is going?" The idea of Tink going too brought up a weird feeling in her chest. Though some of her memories had returned, they were sporadic and rarely made sense. Her love-hate relationship with the goblin was something she struggled to understand, and this was one of those times. It shouldn't matter to her that Tink was going, but for some reason, it did.