𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

Start from the beginning

This is your life and it's ending
One minute at a time
So what you gonna do?
What you gonna do?
I've had one too many for you to take me down
So you gonna need to keep me up or I'ma fall down

And I'm in love with Tyler Durden
That's why this shit ain't never working for me
Cause I'm in love with a fantasy
Cause I'm in love with Tyler Durden
That's why none of this
No, none of its ever working

    I hadn't notice that while I was singing, tears were streaming down my face, and I was sniffling. God I have to do this again.

    I stepped out of the recording booth, and gave the record a listen. I noticed that in the chorus, it was like I was on the verge of breaking down, and it actually sounded good, much to my dismay. I decided that I would just leave it like this, and not exactly edit anything anymore. Management wanted vulnerability? Well, here you go.

    I was too coped up with listening to the track that my phone had kept ringing, then a few text tones notified it. I glanced to check my phone, and saw Niall had texted, quite a few times.

    I contemplated between texting him and calling him up since he asked

    I contemplated between texting him and calling him up since he asked. I decided on calling him anyway. He answered on the first ring, as if he was anticipating my call.

    "Hey babe." He answers, Irish accent think as he greeted me.

    "Hey, Ni. What's up?" I ask, playing with the strings of my guitar as I awaited his answer.

    "Oh nothing, are ya free today? Wanna hang?" He rambles out, and I chuckle.

    "Erm, I've just finished recording, you're free to come by if you want." I shrug, maybe if I hang out with Niall, I'll be able to sort out my feelings, maybe.

    "Alrighty then! I'll be there in 15. Bye babe!" He hangs up, and I just sat in the studio, playing with my guitar and trying to figure out how to make Feelings, not sound so depressing. Maybe I'll make it upbeat?

Soon enough, Niall was walking in the studio, hands in his pockets and a grin on his face.

    "Hey babe." He greets, walking over to me and kissing the top of my head.

    "Hey Ni." I greet back, smiling back at him as he sits on the piano chair, and starts playing with the keys.

    "You recorded today yeah? Can I hear it?" He asks, and I pale. It was a good thing my back was turned to him when he asked because my eyes went wide at his question. Do you wanna hear me sing about my feelings for someone else Niall? Huh?

    "Oh, erm, I'm not yet finished and I want it to be a surprise. So no, you can't listen to it." I smiled up at him, and he just chuckled, nodding his head in response. He turns to the cork board with all the titles of songs that I wrote for the album. I notice his brows furrow whilst looking at them.