Chapter 2: Out in the woods

Lightly tapping the pencil tip on her desk, Ayaka's mind thoughtlessly wandered towards the window beside her seat. It was such a good day outside and she was here stuck listening to her human teacher.

Boring... she sighed. Chewing on the eraser of her pencil. Her thoughts were wandering back to the days when her mornings were training with Genkai, walking around the woods and idling in the grassland.

Now she's here stuck listening to some human whose head was thinning out of hair.

She just smirked at that thought.

"Ms. Kiei.!" The voice halted her from her daydreaming, bringing her back to reality: her English class.

"Would you kindly read the selection we are talking about?" Mr. Kano called her attention.

Ayaka stood up, startled by her professor. Beads of sweat starting to form on her forehead. Kuso. Biting her lower lip. "uh—uhm.." she muttered.

Her professor raised his brow and eyed Ayaka. Slowly squinting through his glasses, eagerly waiting for Ayaka to admit defeat.

Ayaka then picked her textbook and scanned it. Demn. She cussed inside her head.

"I—uh.." she was about to start when she saw Fumika, her closest human friend, from the corner of her eye. She raised a small piece of white paper that looked like a sticky note. Written on it is the selection she is supposed to read. She then started to read the selection.

After reading, she mouthed thank you to Fumika who just smirked without even looking at her.

Mr. Kano was pissed but let her seat anyways. The rest of the period was Mr. Kano eyeing Ayaka.

After English class, Ayaka immediately went to Fumika and hugged her tightly.

"You.are.an.angel!!" Emphasizing each word as she thankfully squeezed the human for saving her sorry ass.

"Don't choke me, idiot!"Fumika replied, desperately catching for air. She playfully jabbed Ayaka in the shoulder and randomly gossiped, like the other girls in their class.

Fumika has short light lavender hair that is curled to her cheeks. She has a pair of light gray eyes that match her fair skin tone. Like Ayaka, Fumika is on the petite side.

She met Fumika when she started going to the local high school. They immediately clicked as Fumika was not the typical human girl who only cared about Kurama. She was strong minded and independent. She lived alone as well, as her parents are abroad for work.

The girls happily chuckled until the bell rang, signaling the start of the next period.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the last period...

"Ayaka, I'll be leaving first okay. I need to run an errand." Fumika bid her friend goodbye and immediately headed for the door, not waiting for Ayaka to respond.

Ayaka was still busy gathering her stuff, sorting out which ones she would leave inside her locker and those that she needs to bring home.

"Ayaka." Kurama called to her.

"Yuh?" She spun her head towards the familiar voice. There he was, all in his gloriousness, NOT! She smirked in her head. Kurama stood near the classroom door.

"You can go ahead today. I have to attend cram school." Kurama smiled.

"Cram school? Really?" She questioned, raising a brow. This all-knowing still needs to attend cram school.