“Okay.” He replied, hugging her as they lay down again. “I’ll get it done. Sleep.”

He was feeling drowsy now.

Forcefully pulled into his arms, the day’s exhaustion washed over Ji Weixi like a big tide, and her eyelids became heavier.

***

The next morning.

When he heard that he was going to school, the little one was happily jumping around and clapping. “Oh, yeah! I’m going to school!”

He would meet many new friends soon!

Ji Weixi could not help but smile, and rubbed his little head after helping him dress up. “Don’t cry for Mommy when you’re there.”

“Humph!” The little one puffed his chest. “Relax, Mommy, I definitely won’t cry! I’m a real man—only puppies cry!”

The little one was going to a kindergarten called Fruity Red, the safest school there was and a place where most couldn’t even hope to get in.

It was a place for children of rich and powerful parents.

Still, Li Shaoling had made the call and got the principal’s nod when he woke up in the morning, allowing the little one to attend Fruity Red.

Their car slowly stopped outside the kindergarten.

The words ‘Fruity Red’ were especially conspicuous, red and adorable.

From what Li Shaoling said, it was run by the granddaughter of a certain big shot in River Town.

“Oh, President Li! So, this must be your son!”

A woman wearing a brown bear suit came out, her eyes sparkling when she found the little one.

He was wearing a white short-sleeved t-shirt printed with a cluster of black alphabets in front, and a cool Naruto picture on his back.

Beneath, he wore a pair of short grey pants that reached the knees, white sneakers, along with a yellow baseball cap.

His jet-black hair was tamely sticking to his forehead, just as his eyes were round and large and his pupils dark and bright.

He looked as exquisite as a doll.

“Hello!” The little one greeted cheerfully.

The woman lovingly hugged him, but awkwardly stood up when she realized that she was being a little inappropriate. “President Li, Mrs. Li. I’m Chen Lili, the principal of this kindergarten.”

Mrs. Li?!

No, she’s not!

Li Shaoling, however, had turned his eyes away and didn’t even glance at Chen Lili.

He wasn’t interested to even look in other women. What a waste of time!

Ji Weixi quickly took the reins and smiled. “Please take care of my son.”

“It’s fine. It’s my privilege to help President Li and Mrs. Li!” Chen Lili smiled brightly, revealing a fang.

It seems that she loved children too, and with Li Shaoling’s position, the little one would have a good time.

“Mommy, Daddy. You should go to work, remember to come at night!”

The little one waved them goodbye, and Ji Weixi could still see him on the rearview movie after getting back in the car.

Still a little worried, she felt a warm palm taking her hand then.

Surprised, she turned to find Li Shaoling smiling and calming her. “He’ll be fine. Don’t worry.”