Chapter Nine: Alone Together

A week after she arrived at the Burrow, Draco showed up ready to take her to his house for the rest of Christmas Break. Hermione wasn't expecting anything big but when she got there she learned some exciting news! Draco had a plan for her week with him. "Draco? What is that delicious smell?" Hermione had asked when she followed him in through the front door. "That, sweetheart, is Lasagna! I made it from scratch." Hermione grinned. "Its a good thing you're a good cook." She said with a laugh. "Why?" He asked. "I'm a horrid cook!" She explained. He smiled. "And it's a good thing your good at spells." She looked at him. "Why?" He laughed. "Because I suck at them." Hermione laughed. After dinner, which was amazing, Draco led Hermione to the Guest Room. "I have a couple of surprises for you tomorrow!" Draco said as he kissed her forehead and told her goodnight. She smiled at him. He went across the hall to his room. She began to get dressed for bed. She eventually found her oversized T-shirt and her black short shorts that just barely covered her butt. The oversized T-shirt reached down to her thighs though. That night, the wind picked up. She couldn't sleep at all. Eventually she gave in and tiptoed across the hall to Draco's room. She pushed the door open a crack. He was asleep. She was about to turn around and just go back to her room when he said, "C'mere Mione." She walked into the room. She was internally cussing herself for wearing her shirt and shorts to come in here. He rolled over onto his side and opened his arms for her to climb in. She slid in and let him wrap his arms around her. And for the first time that night, she felt safe. "Couldnt sleep?" He asked. Hermione shook her head. Soon, they were both asleep. The next morning, Hermione woke up to an empty bed. She got up and wrapped her arms around her shivering body. She quietly walked downstairs to the kitchen. Draco was standing in front of the stove. He was in sweatpants and a T-shirt and his square frame glasses were slightly crooked. He hadn't seen her yet. She walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her forehead into his back. "Did you sleep Mione?" He asked as he flipped a pancake. Hermione smiled. "Wonderfully." He grinned. "Stop distracting me so I don't burn the pancakes!" He complained teasingly. She smiled and went over to the dining room table. She sat down and waited impatiently as her stomach growled. "What kind are they?" Hermione asked as he set a plate of them in front of her. He smiled. "Chocolate chip." She took a cautious bite of one. "Wow! Draco! These are amazing!" She said happily as she took another bite. Draco grinned proudly. "So?" She asked once she was stuffed. "What's the plan for today?" Draco grimaced. "Well, originally I was gonna take you to Diagon Alley. But then that happened." He said pointing at the deep snow. "So, we're watching a movie!" Hermione grinned. "You go pick out a movie and I'll get the necessities!" Draco said happily. Soon they were camped out in the livingroom with blackout curtains up, snacks all over the coffee table, and a blanket wrapped around both of them.