Beautiful Luna.

He stood beside her bed and looked at her. Beautiful Luna. Just how much he wanted to touch her, feel her life on his fingers, but she was too fragile. Like a crystal vase - one clumsy motion and her shards would hurt his hands. That... Strange man wouldn't be so gentle with her like he would. He wouldn't have taken pity on her, and dragged her back to his chief in fragments lubberly glued together. Luna slept so peacefully, so serene, like she wasn't trying to drive away two unwanted visitors from her house for the past couple nights. She held onto her life so stubbornly, was so determined to not let them in. So when the work was over he could stand right here, at the end of her bed, and watch her sleep. Like a butterfly trapped in a jar - she beats against the walls trying to escape, but she doesn't understand that the outcome depended only on the owner of the jar. On him.

  He walked around the bed and took a single strand of her hair. Soft. Light. He wanted to nuzzle in them, breathe their smell, feel her curls on his skin, but no. Then she would wake up and magic of the moment would be ruined. Would she ever sleep again after something like that? 'Maybe later', Tanner thought and let go of her strand. He walked around her house and checked all the windows once more. It would be a shame if she wouldn't sit behind her computer next night, watching her reports so carefully, that she won't even notice light turning off in the living room, won't notice rustle and closing door of the closet right behind her. And when she will...

  Luna mumbled something in her sleep and turned to the other side, curling up almost into a ball. He stopped breathing for a second and had a hard time overcoming desire to lay beside her, hug her and never let go. To feel the fire inside her, the one that makes her move on. But then he would have to kill her, and the fire would've quickly died down, and her body got cold. He only caressed her cheek, tender and a little hollow. And when she nuzzled into his touch in her sleep, it's like he got electrocuted. He couldn't stay there any longer, not alone with her, and left the house.
  "If she knew", he thought hastily walking down the street, "If only she knew, who touched her... would she nuzzle the same way?"

  Rare street lights dimly lit up the broad street, weak but cold wind moved leaves down the empty road. Tanner wasn't cold anymore. He will surely come back once more.