31 - Transatlantic Flight

Skyservice Private Aviation
Lester B. Pearson International Airport, Toronto, Ontario

09.33 EDT
Sunday, August 24, 2025 

"Welcome to Canada," said the Canadian Border Services agent as she handed Jamal his passport, "and enjoy the game."

The rest of the group received the same friendly treatment. 

They gathered for coffee in the VIP lounge while the pilots filed a new flight plan and the ground crew serviced the aircraft. 

The turnaround took less than an hour. Ethan provided the delighted supervisor at Skyservice with the twelve tickets to the baseball game. All of them just behind home plate. He assured Ethan that they wouldn't be wasted. 

The departure went off without a hitch but everyone only relaxed when the pilot announced they had passed over Newfoundland and would soon cross into international airspace. 

Roz used a secure satellite link to communicate with Herbert Lewis at the Falcon Foundation and to advise of their progress. 

The high-powered legal team at Herbert's disposal convinced a judge to dismiss many of the restrictions placed on the assets of the organization in the wake of the attack at the Franklin Arms Hotel. 

As a result, production of the DNA vaccine at a dozen labs under the supervision of Tony's primo now surpassed one billion doses. The accelerated Phase III trials in human volunteers, all Servants of Ma'at, showed high efficacy and no safety concerns. 

The factories leased or purchased to fill the two billion vials with sterilized water, reported that they neared completion of their task. 

A logistical team, handpicked by Jamal, prepared to depart for California to coordinate with Azad Ghorbani's shipping department. Once the MV Matilda became available, it would dock in Portland, Oregon to begin loading the refrigeration units as they came off the line. 

A continuity team, with experience in television series production, gathered in Oakland to board the MV Adelaide as soon as it arrived. They planned to go in the guise of health inspectors. They hoped to videotape and photograph as much of the ship as possible in order to replicate every detail on the Matilda. 

Although the two ships were structurally identical, normal life at sea meant that crew cabins and common areas presented significant variations. By the time the Mathilda set sail it had to be an exact copy from bow to stern. 

Fortunately, the Pacific Shipping Company maintained the same livery for sister ships as a corporate norm. From the outside, the only difference was the name painted on the stern. 

After updates from Roz, Jamal and Ethan, the Pharaoh advised everyone to catch some sleep. The layover in Shannon, Ireland would only be a rest stop for the pilots. Nkosana and his team would spend most of the eight hours huddled with Patrick O'Connor planning war on Russia. 

_______________________

Westair Ireland Private Aviation
Shannon International Airport
Shannon, Ireland

22.11 GMT+1
Sunday, August 24, 2025

Patrick O'Connor was as Irish as a well-pulled pint of Guinness. Frothy on top, strong personality and stout hearted. His devotion to the Servants of Ma'at knew no limits. It was more than a job, it was his life calling.

He had met Nkosana’s grandmother on several occasions but as he waited at the airport in Shannon for the arrival from Toronto he felt a combination of excitement and dread.