They were walking out of school, heading home.

Izuku took in a breath trying to say what he wanted. Yui noticed that they were close to the park but her ears perked to his voice.

"Um, Yui, I don't know if you realized it but this morning, when Uraraka showed up, you were squeezing my hand really hard. I-Is there something about her that bothers you?"

Her blank expression broke into shock, staring at Izuku.

"B-Because if there is, you don't have to worry, we're just friends, nothing more."

"..."

"Um, Yui?"

"You still..."

"Huh?"

"You still don't get it." Her eyes were hidden as she clenched her fist.

"Wait, Yui, what are you-,"

"No matter how hard you try you can't get it, you just can't..!" Her face couldn't return to its indifferent expression, her conflicted emotions on full display for the first time.

"Nh, Y-Yui!" He reached out but she had taken some steps back before scurrying to the park. He chased after he, she stopped running after hiding behind a tree by instinct. He slowly approached her, she was staring at him with her fingers on the trunk, peeking from the side, carefully.

He placed his hand on the tree, their fingers barely grazing.

"Please..."

"It was this tree."

"What?"

"I always hid behind here... You never noticed me. I wanted you too but I was also scared."

"When we were kids?"

She nodded. "Then I hoped at U.A. but you never did until..."

"I delivered you notes."

"Uraraka isn't the problem, Izuku..."

"Then what is, Yui if you tell me I'm sure we can work on it."

"That's just it. I'm scared to ask you."

"Believe in me."

She let out a sigh of trust, taking a chance.

"Would you have even noticed me if that never happened?"

"Yui... Already had."

"Eh?" Completely catching her off guard. "You did?"

Izuku scratched his cheek as he walked around the tree, both facing each other. "It's actually um pretty embarrassing which is why I never brought it up, but remember that one day at the support studio when everything blew up."

"Yes!" She said it so quickly because that moment is engraved as a highlight for her.

"Well, that was the first time..."

"The first time you noticed me? That means..." Her eyes grew into a liquid shine. 'He noticed me like I noticed him.'

"Well yeah there's that but it was also the first time I ever felt like that with you?"

"Eh, what do you mean?" Tilting her head. Izuku thought it was adorable how she was still holding onto the tree but in a less scared manner more naturally now. She looked so innocently curious.

Izuku glanced up and around before settling his eyes on her. "For some reason when I'm with you, everything around else us becomes so vivid and beautiful."

The wind blew, ruffling their hair. Her lips parted staring at him and everything beyond. He was right. The dark gray clouds were a surreal swirl, invoking the wind to twirl causing a few falling leaves to flutter around them.

It was hesitant but she attempted, peeling away from the tree. She took one small leap of faith, away from the tree she would watch him from afar into his arms, believing in him.

"Yui..!" Izuku wrapped his arms around her. "Of course I noticed you. When I delivered notes, that was my only opportunity to know more about you, I had to take it, I wanted to get close to you but didn't know how."

Sniffle, sniffle. "I-Idiot."

Drip, drip, drop.

Both of them lifted their heads up to the sky. It was raining. They lowered their heads down back to each other basking in their joy, embracing their lips.