The man was named Lan Huan—courtesy name Lan Xichen—the leader of the Gusu Lan sect. His eyes were a pair of two fine sapphires, each well-polished like a glass pane window. "I'm sure that Young Master Jin Ling is fine. But if possible, we should conduct a search for him."

"I'm not worried about that idiot!" Jiang Cheng seethed, finally letting go of his cup.

Lan Xichen could've sworn he saw the porcelain cup sigh in relief. "Mn," there was another man sitting across the table from Jiang Cheng, and that man looked identical to the GusuLan sect leader.

     In fact, they were twins—the twin Jades of GusuLan.

     The man carried a glacier-like sword, with a gentle blue glare arraying from the side. It's name was Bichen, and was sheathed by the man's side. Strangely enough, he didn't have the GusuLan ribbon, which would normally have its tail swaying behind his back. His eyes were a colour of beauteous light garnet, thought they shone pretty dull compared to his twin and his sword too.

     His name was Lan Zhan—courtesy name Lan Wangji—also known for making love with the fierce Yiling Patriarch—Wei Ying—courtesy name Wei Wuxian—who wasn't fierce at all.

     Jiang Cheng's temper had grown furthermore out of control. "Don't you 'mn' me!" He scowled.

     "Mn," Lan Zhan nodded, which had worsened the Jiang leader's temper.

     "Jiang Cheng," Lan Xichen hesitantly smiled sidewards. "How about it? We should go search for Jin Ling. After all, he is your nephew."

     "He is not my nephew!" Jiang Cheng roared. "I went to his room personally to deliver an important notice, only to find him gone! And now, he's nowhere to be found! He does not deserve to call himself my nephew! Once I find him, I'll first cut his ties with me and then break his legs! In the end, I'll make sure to feed him to the dogs!"

     "Once you cut ties with him, I don't think you'll be able to break his legs or feed him to the dogs." Lan Zhan mumbled.

     "Oh, screw the politics!" Jiang Cheng groaned.

     "Speaking of dogs," Lan Xichen began, turning towards Lan Zhan. "Where is Wei Ying?"

Jiang Cheng's angered face had flared at the mention of Wei Wuxian. "Don't tell me that son of a servant took my nephew!"

*****

"Are you sure we won't be caught?" Jin Ling's hushed voice had chirped.

   Jin Ling—courtesy name Jin Rulan—was hidden with the Yiling Patriarch, something he'd never expected to even think about. "Yes, we'll be caught if you continue talking." The elder had groaned.

     Wei Ying had a strange scent of sandalwood plastered over his body, but Jin Ling didn't care. He sort of liked it, but would rather to stay away. Instead, his thoughts were ignored by Wei Ying, who had embraced the smaller kid by the waist even tighter. Jin Ling would've broken his legs, but didn't want to be found.

     They were hidden inside a bush. Yes, a bush.

     Although they were still inside of Lotus Pier, Jin Ling doubted anyone would be able to find them. After all, Wei Ying swore on all the rabbits in Yunmeng Jiang. "Right," Wei Ying snickered. "Why are we hiding from Jiang Cheng again?"

     Jin Ling tensed at the mention of his uncle. "It's because..." he looked down to the floor. "Whenever he looks at me, it's like he's so disappointed and wants to break my legs. It's almost as if I'm a disappointment to his bloodline. I don't like it, so I want to hide from him for the time being. And when I saw him, he was holding a transcript! It was probably the certificate to officially disconnect our relationship."