30 : I Should Have Known

Start from the beginning

[Present]

Where is he?! Where did he go!? Where could he have gone?! Why is he gone?! Is he okay?! Did he get kidnapped?!

My lips were close to drawing blood due to how hard I was biting them.

I have searched all day for him and still I haven't found him. No one has seen him.

Uncle Gabriel is going to freak.

I'm going to murder myself. I should have known. He was acting weird this morning! If only I didn't listen to him! So stupid! Now he's missing and I have only myself to blame!

Fuck!

I growled and punched my steering wheel when I stopped at the red light. I bit my hands to try and calm my impatient monster.

Alya was in the passenger side, looking at me worriedly. We were headed to the ice rink, because we thought it would be somewhere Adrien would think to go.

The light finally turned green and I stepped on it.

I shouldn't have brought Alya with me because I'm a lunatic behind wheels when I'm impatient. I could she her holding on to dear life from the corner of my eye.

When we arrived, I wasted no time in getting out.

"The fact that you haven't been put to jail is a miracle." Alya said with a shaky laugh.

"Yes well, let's hope all miracles come true." I muttered and marched into the building with hope that I'd see my cousin skating across the ice gracefully.

To my dismay, it was empty with not a single soul on the ice. "Dammit!" I gritted my teeth. "Where are you Adrien!? It's not like you to go running off to places! Why today of all days and what could have possibly made you think that!" I scream, as if the answers to my questions would be yelled back to me. The only reply I got was the echoes of my voice.

Alya stood beside me and sighed. "We did ask him if he'd be fine coming to school today. Guess he lied."

I looked at her in confusion. Why would Adrien not be fine going to school today? "How so?" I asked, looking for answers. Really, anything would do right now.

I just wanted answers.

Alya looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed. "He didn't tell you?"

I shook my head. I don't recall him even speaking to me yesterday and today wasn't much of a conversation. "No clue."

"We had parents career day today. He was going to ask you to come but I guess he didn't seeing that you are clueless right now."

"I am!" My eyes widened. Parents career day.  Maybe he's upset at me because I didn't go! But then, he never asked me so I doubt that's the reason.

Hmm, this morning. He was fine when I first went out but then when I came back again he was off. Even our conversation, he sounded upset. I wonder what happened.

"Did you maybe say something that might have possibly hurt him?" I asked.

Alya shook her head, "The last time I talked to him I asked if he was coming to school to which he replied yes. I'm not sure about Mari and Nino but they both are also confused."

I groaned and tugged my hair. It probably looked like a bird's nest but who cares. There are bigger fish to fry.

Think. Think. What could have happened to Adrien. I have to use my cousin bond to tune into Adrien's mind. If I were Adrien today, why wouldn't I go to school, specifically today.