Chapter 6.

20 minutes later...

Jake was in the evidence lock up contemplating whether he should tell the squad now. Seeing how brave Rosa was earlier had given him inspiration. He didn't know what to do, on the one hand, he knew they would accept him because of how supportive of Rosa they were. On the other hand Jake thought they might just think he's copying Rosa like his mom thought he was copying Gina when he was younger. Just as Rosa walked in Jake pretended to be looking for some files.

"Hey, was that weird earlier? When I told everyone I was bi?" Asked Rosa

"Rosa, no. It was great. And don't worry, just because you opened up a little bit, doesn't mean everyone gonna be less afraid of you. We're all still terrified." Said Jake.

"Thanks, Jake."

"So how'd your parents take it?" Asked Jake curious if they took it any better than his mom. Of course his dad still didn't know. He hadn't seen him since he was 7. Not that he wanted to.

"Uh, I havn't told them yet." Said Rosa

"Really? I mean of course you don't have to. I just thought you guys were getting closer since prison."

"No, I mean we are. It's just I don't know how I would say something like that. Especially to my dad, he's super traditional. I'm afraid this would just mess everything up. We've been having so much fun lately, I don't want to lose that." Rosa told Jake.

Jake thought about this for a second but decided to give Rosa his coming out speech he told his mom.

"Ok, maybe just be honest with them, right? Tell them how you feel like you could say...  mom, dad, I'm bisexual. But I'm still your s- daughter, I'm still the same person that I've always been, and who I love will never change that. You guys raised me to be strong and confident, and I don't want to hide who I am anymore. I am bi." Explained Jake.

"Damn, that was-"

"and I know this may come as a shock to you but it's my truth. I hope you can accept that. And I know my own heart." Said Jake tearing up as he felt the weight on his shoulders get a little lighter.

"You done?" Asked Rosa.

"Yeah..  wow that felt amazing I really disappeared  into it."

"Thanks I appreciate you trying to give me advice." Rosa said.

"Advice... right. Ha ha. No problem." Jake said feeling nervous. He didn't know If he wanted Rosa to figure out that what we was saying was true or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour later...

Rosa walks over to Jake's desk, as she sits down next to him she asks, "Hey, you really helped me earlier and I think I'm ready to tell my parents now. Would you maybe do it with me or maybe just stand in and do it for me?"

"Rosa, thats great! But I don't think I would be that much help tbh. I'm not very good at coming out." Jake realises what he has just said and his eyes widen.

"What does that mean?" Asked Rosa feeling curious.

"Nothing, nothing..  I just meant that, that um...  You know what, I'll be there." Said Jake.

"Cool. Thanks man." Said Rosa.

"Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, no doubt, no doubt."