Vita Somnium

FADE IN:

Iceland – day – stock shot

The view of ice land from above gives the illusion that observer is in the plane, moving forward, never stopping. Start from the sky, northern lights, below are moving ice burgs, snow, ice cliffs, beautiful colors. It appears we are in flight above Antarctica. This movement will bring us to almost see something. There will be soft music and the eerie sound of children’s laughter.

CITY STREET, MAKA AMU – DAY - Establishing shot

VELIA, ~20 year old girl, a simple, yet different beauty, serious. She is dressed in what appears to be once beautiful clothing (Velia’s costume #1, costume designe by Luh-lee Mathiesen), yet now is ragged. Velia is in Maka Amu, (the surface of the earth), she simply has appeared there. She stands like a strong warrior in the middle of the city street, the buildings on both sides of her are in ruins, it is dirty and there is wind lifting up many pieces of colorful papers. These papers are flying around Velia, in a circular movement, parallel to the music. It is like a dramatic dance of papers, Velia’s non movement and the music. Velia looks straight ahead. Dramatic music peaks. Velia shows no emotion or movement as to give the city and papers the stage. There are no other people in the city, Velia is in a limbo dream state. There is an air of mystery.

RIVERSHORE, MAKA AMU – DAY

Short (5 sec.) shot. Velia is touching her breasts in front of a longview mirror leaning against a tree, by the side of the river. Velia is wearing only a skirt that she arrived with to Maka Amu (Velia’s costume #1), slightly dirtier and more ragged. She sees herself in the mirror touching herself sensually, and is turned on. From the mirror you see the beautiful nature. This is a repeat shot from later in the film.

CITY STREET, MAKA AMU – DAY

Continue Velia stands on the street with papers flying around her, looking straight. CGI: breathes-in dirty/grey air and breaths-out blue clean air twice. The sound of breath is amplified. The dramatic music is softened to allow the sound of her breath.

NATURE, XENO PAH – DAY – Establishing shot

Beautiful nature of Xeno Pah in the center of the earth, trees, big roots, flowers insects. CGI: everything illuminated by the green sun. Velia appears in Xeno Pah, she is naked (or Velia’s costume #2) and laying in the foliage. Her beautiful body appears without showing intimate parts. Velia stands up and begins to see her surroundings, now further, mountains, forest, sky, etc. She has just appeared to this magic place and is amazed. In the exact place where Velia was laying, the earth begins to shake and brake apart, the sound of moving and cracking earth is amplified. Velia looks down, surprised, she moves to side. The earth continues to brake, like something is coming from underground.

NATURE, XENO PAH – DAY

The earth, opens with a burst. A geyser shoots water up from deep within the earth, as the water falls down Velia dances under the water, like a little girl in complete bliss. Her arms are outstretched, she is still naked. After the initial burst of water, the geyser begins to calm. The water gets to about Velia’s eye level. Velia stops her dancing and stands as if waiting for something. Velia squints her eyes to see a form inside of the water.

The water goes down, and a woman (OMALA) is standing, also naked, where the water once was, soaking wet. Velia offers her hand to the woman in the water, she accepts her hand and steps down. In Velia’s amazement, she makes a sound. This sound is to become the woman in the waters name - Omala.

VELIA

Ommaallaa

Velia admires the event. There is a moment of recognition between the two women. The two women look at each other. It is as if there is a mutual understanding, or telepathic conversation happening. Omala speaks.