"Well, Naruto. I'm sorry to say this, but the village is performing a test. Meaning we have to see your behavior without Kurama-" the Hokage started. Naruto's face paled, and Kurama tensed up.

     "Meaning we will have to take Kurama away for a short amount of time," the third Hokage finished, looking at the boy seated in front of him. Naruto looked up at him; tears brimmed his wide eyes. He stood up in a panic, scaring Kurama.

     "NO! Y-You can't! I- He's my only friend! Please don't!" Naruto begged, standing in front of his fox companion. The Hokage had a sad look in his eyes as he saw the boys face, but it had to be done.

     "Naruto, it's only for a few weeks. Please bear with it." He said, trying to convince the boy it wasn't as bad as he was making it seem. Tears ran down his face, a snarl fixating itself on Kurama's face.

     "Please! Please don't do this! Please, I'll do anything! I-I swear, p-please," he begged, his knees weakening and voice cracking. The Hokage hated to see him like this, but he had no choice.

     "We will collect him tomorrow afternoon, and he will be kept away for two weeks," the Hokage said as he stood up. A sob escaped Naruto's lips as he sank to the ground begging him to let Kurama stay, but he knew he couldn't. The feudal lord himself had requested it. He walked away, leaving Naruto to sob on the floor. A broken scream escaped his lips as he clutched his sides, Kurama cuddling up next to him.

     As the Hokage walked back into the main village area, he saw Kakashi sitting close by. Walking up to him he said,

     "Go, make sure Naruto gets home safe," And walked away. Kakashi, curious as to what that meant, nodded and walked along the path he took to guide Naruto to the Hokage. As he got closer, he heard a sorrow-filled scream and started running towards the spot Naruto and the Hokage had sat. When he got there, he saw a heartbreaking sight. Naruto sat on the ground, sobbing, tugging at his hair, his fox companion attempting to comfort him.

     "Naruto?-" he said before walking towards him. He kneeled and hugged the boy in question.

     "Naruto, what happened?" He asked in a mild panic. Naruto only screamed and sobbed louder, the poor boy was trying to form words, but only sobs would come out. Kakashi picked the boy up and held him; Naruto wrapped his arms and legs around him and continued to sob. Kurama got up, signaling he was ready to follow the two.

     "Explain it to me on the way to your house, okay?" He said, Naruto giving a small nod as a response.
Once they got there, Kakashi had a basic idea of what the problem was. Even though Naruto has only said, 'take, Kurama, tomorrow, two weeks.' He set him down on the bed.

     "Good night, Naruto. Please remember that its only two weeks," Kakashi said, trying to ease his student to bed before leaving the room and locking the door. Outside the door, a massive sob was heard, and a small sigh escaped his lips. He continued walking until he had gotten home.

      Meanwhile, Naruto had Kurama in a tight embrace, Tears seeping into the fox's fur. Naruto had no idea what he would do without him. Kurama was the thing that kept him happy. At this thought, he hugged the whimpering fox tighter and sobbed harder. He kept at this until his eyelids grew heavy, and he eventually cried himself to sleep.

     Kurama, who noticed this, slowly laid the boy down as best he could before using his back as the boys' pillow once more.

     Naruto woke up to Kurama, licking him awake with someone knocking on the door. Naruto got up, and tears brimmed his eyes once he realized who that was. He looked over at Kurama, who was whimpering, ears flattened against his head. Naruto got up and hugged him before going to answer the persistent knocker at the door.