0.21| "𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝗺𝗼𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭, 𝐄𝐫𝐢𝐧!"

Start from the beginning

      Teagan tore her gaze away from Aylish and looked at the look of utter look of mortification on her mammys face.
She was interested to see how her mum would talk herself out of this one.
The Older O'Ryan woman blinked and opened her mouth and closed it a few times as she tried to think of how to get out of the situation.

      Their parents refused to swear in front of Aylish, Teagan was already too far gone, she picked up their colourful vocabulary at an early age. They had many complaints from all of her primary school teachers. Aylish was their second chance at proving that Teagan didn't swear because of them.

      Finally, the older woman cleared her throat and jumped into action, "Come on Aylish, we don't won't to be late" she sang cheerfully as she lead Aylish out the door by her tiny shoulders.

      Teagan sniggered into her fist, but immediately stopped once her mother turned and sent her a harsh glare that she knew meant to shut up if she knew what was good for her.

      Abruptly, she followed after them

      "How about a pint?" Teagan heard the unmissable voice of Michelle Mallon ask as she jumped down the stairs.

      Teagan heard her dad release a heavy sigh as she walked out into the main bar area.
She knew Michelle would of been bugging her dad for ages. Before her Da went insane, Teagan swiftly made her way over to Michelle and pulled her away by the sleeve of her blazer.

      "You're not eighteen, Michelle" Mrs O'Ryan sighed, she swatted Teagan away from the bar, eagerly pushing the two teenagers towards the door, resisting the urge to roll her eyes.

      Michelle Mallon really wasn't the ideal best friend, but whatever made Teagan happy.
Of course, her Mammy would prefer it if she was closer to someone kind, or well mannered who would settle Teagan's erratic behaviour down.
They thought she'd found that with Jenny Joyce, but that friendship fell through unexpectedly and unexplainably and Michelle came barging in and hadn't left since. Even shy and timid Clare would be a better fit. Her mammy knew that Teagan and Michelle were too alike, when the two were together it was like the stars had aligned to make chaos.

      Michelle, never one to backdown, replied,
"the fake ID in my pocket says different,"

      Teagan panicked. Why the fuck would Michelle bring up their fake IDs in front of her parents?. Did she want her to get murdered and grounded for life?

      Hers wasn't even usable. As a joke when Michelle went to got them off dodgy Daren who sold them behind the bakery in town Teagan told her to put the 30th of February as her date of birth, stupidly thinking she would be able to see the obvious.
But, of course, Michelle didn't bat a bloody eye and neither did dodgy Daren, all he did was take her thirty quid.

      "Right!" Teagan exclaimed as she hastily broke free from her mums grasp, "We'd better get going don't want to be late do we, Michelle?" She forcibly smiled, glaring daggers at her best friend, she grabbed Michelle's wrist and pulled her away from her parents, sending a smile back. Nothing suspicious about it.

      She dropped her voice to a whisper as they neared the door, "where's your shadow?" she asked.

      Michelle looked at her and raised a eyebrow, "shadow?," she asked before it suddenly dawned on her who Teagan meant,
"Ballache refused to come in, something about your da threatening him. Ach, honestly he's such a fanny"