Kingdom of silence - episode 5

I ate lunch alone that day. The cute scene was still stuck in my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about how they were acting right under my sight and I still didn't realise how they felt. I'm so happy for Cora.
Deep into my thoughts , I don't realize someone sits down on my table. I look up to see Taehyung sipping on a juice bottle.
-Intense day don't you think?
-Yeah , i'm aware we ran into our friends hugging each other in the corner of a room. But in a way , our plan didn't fail.
-If you put it like that , it was a success. You should be a matchmaker.
-It's too hot to deal with your nonsence right now.
-You're right. Hey why don't we go for a ride at the boats? It's too hot to work anyway.
-Yeah it's very believable when you say it.
-Come on it will be fun. The boats ride til the other shore and then come back , it's not that far.
-Yeah I'm not going.
-Why not?
-I'm not..good.. at sea.
-What do you mean? You're scared?
-If you put it that way , I'm terrified.
-What is the boat going to do to you??
-Its not the boat. I'm scared of drowning.
-I'll be there , I won't let you drown.
-Who said you will ride with me?
-Well then , ride yourself , but don't scream my name when you fall off the boat.
All of a sudden I see two known faces walk past the garden together. Hold up that's Cora and Jungkook again!
-Oh my God! Tae look! They woke up! Aw how cute!
-They are together?
-Of course!! Let's call them here! Guys!!! Over here!!
They immediately turn their head at the same time , and look at us sharply.
-Oh God they're mad. Just smile.   Hey guys! How did you sleep?
Cora sits down and gives me a death glare.
-Y/n I know it was you behind all that.
-Oh! You know! Hah! Great..
Jungkook sits beside Cora , fanning himself from all the heat.
Taehyung breaks the awkwardness.
-Well! Since there's a heat warning right now , we were thinking about going for a ride at the boats? Who's with me?
-Nononono we didn't think about that! He did!
Jungkook smiles and immediately says
-That's a wonderful idea!
Oh boy
-Sounds fun- said Cora.
-it's setled then!
I can't breathe at this point. Cora looks at me and figures out something isn't right.
-Y/n , something wrong?
-Nope , not at all.
In that moment Dayana comes to sit at our table. Everyone is startled by the sudden change.
-Oh hi! What are you guys talking about?
None of us know how to break the silence.
She looks at Taehyung.
-Tae what's all this? Are you planning to do something without me?
She looks at me up and down and looks at taehyung again.
-Oh , we were just planning a little activity.
-Wow! Where are we going?
I look at Cora , whispering with my eyes , who invited her? Cora looks at me immediately , rolling her eyes at Dayana.
Jungkook spoke:
-We were thinking of riding the boats at the shore to escape the heat.
Cora looks at Jungkook confused.
-That sounds great. Let me get ready first.
Dayana leaves the table and we all look at each other blankly.
She comes back , wearing the shortest shorts and some sparkling top. We all start heading towards the shore. The boats were all tied up to a rock. There were two boats in total. Without thinking twice , Dayana runs to one of the boats signaling Taehyung to go with her.
There was only one boat left , with two places beside each other. I look at Cora , telling her not to miss it.

After the first boat leaves , the second one would have to hold the three of us in. Dayana sat close to tae , while I sat opposite them. Dayana starts smiling widely as she puts her head on Taehyung's shoulder.
I'm more worried about the fact that we will be in the middle of the sea for not more than 5 minutes . I start freaking out.
For about 7 minutes later we were on the middle of the ocean. Dayana seemed so hyped up , while i wanted to cover my eyes so bad.
-Y/n you don't look so well.
-Huh..? oh I just , am not familiar with the deep sea. I mostly stay on the shore.
-You're scared of water?
-I'm scared of drowning.
-Oh , well I'm sure it's not as bad as you're making it look.
Taeyoung looks away , hoping for a miracle to make the boat move faster.
Dayana all of a sudden had a weird smirk on her face. I tried to hide my eyes anywhere but to look at her. Taehyung was focused on the water's colour. Dayana started getting closer to me. I move aside , making some space for her in case she wanted to sit down. She sat right beside me. Started looking at Tae and then at me. Smirking.
-Hey what is that over there?
I move closer to the end of the boat to see.
Until I feel two hands pushing my back.
I fell onto the water , and heard someone scream my name , I couldn't swim out as i couldn't move. I just closed my eyes and started to doze off. I didn't feel the hands who got me out of the water. I simply remember starting to choke on air and the sky being too close to my face. Tae was right on top of me and Dayana was covering her face , looking terrified. I slowly open my eyes more and start getting up.
-What...
-shsh it's okay , you're okay now.
-What happened?
I didn't hear an answer. I felt Taehyung's shirt wrap around my shoulders , while I was still  shivery. Dayana sat on the other side of the boat. She didn't look as terrified anymore. Until I saw a little smirk on her face. I close my eyes again thinking I'm imagining things. Taehyung pulls me closer to him and i , motionless , put my head on his chest.
After a while we could almost see the other side of the shore. We tie the boat at one of the rocks , and start walking around. I'm still a bit wet , and so is Taehyung. I can't remember what happened though.
Cora POV
We were on the boat enjoying the evening. It was silent the whole time. We hadn't talked to each other since the morning, because of what happened last night. It was a little awkward, and I secretly wanted him to say something.
- It's beautiful tonight, don't you think so?
I hummed and looked at the other boats. Everyone was giggling and having fun. Our boat was far from the other ones, or even the dock.
I was a little tired because I overworked myself.
Moving my gaze in the beautifully multicolored sky, I felt something on my hand. It was sticky, that made me turn to look at it.
A scream left my mouth as I shook my hand.
- Disgusting! Ughhh..
It was a frog. One of those big green sticky ones. I turned my gaze on Jungkook, and his face and shirt had waterdrops everywhere.
- Umm... how did you-
- Oh. Someone got scared by a little animal, and threw it in the water which created a big splash and it got me wet.
He said in a weird tone that made me burst out laughing.
He looked a little pissed so I tried to hold my laugh.
He than got close to the water and started throwing it to me. I started throwing water at him too. It was fun, and it was getting so serious that when he tried to take water in his hands, he somehow slipped and fell on the water.
- Are you okay?
He tried to get in the boat and I was helping him. But silly us forgot that that could cause a lost of balance and we both fell on the water making the boat collapse.
I was trying to keep my head out of the water, or else I would drown. I was too tired to swim and the dock was too far.
- Jungkook, you go without me..
- What?? Are you out of your mind????
- I am too tired to swim...
He turned around and spoke.
- Wrap your arms around my neck. I'll carry you to the shore.
- Are you sure you can? I don't want you to get exhausted..
- Just do as I said.
I did so. I wraped my hands around his neck, in a position that wouldn't hurt him and he started swimming towards the other side of the shore, since that was closer.
He carried me until we got out of the water. He landed me down carefully and was catching his breath, as he sat on the ground. I sat beside him and asked.
- Are you okay?
- I'm fine..
- I'm sorry... I got you tired..
- Don't say that! You were tired. It happens to everyone.
I smiled.
Since it was a warm afternoon our clothes got dry fast. As the sun had completely set, the stars replaced him. We just stayed there, enjoying the night breeze.
He than got up and extended his arm to me.
- We better get going now..
I got up and intertwined my fingers with his.
- Let's go.
We walked around the lake, side by side until we arrived at the palace. We entered inside trying to be quiet since it was late.
We were at my door now, and I turned to him.
- Thanks again..
I said looking at my feet, while playing with my fingers.
He leaned forward and kissed my cheek.
- Goodnight!
I entered my room quickly and closed the door, leaning against it, sliding down.
I touched my cheek.
- He.. he kissed me...
I changed my clothes and jumped in bed.
Thank you big green sticky frog, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be this happy.
Y/n pov.
When i get back , Taehyung takes Dayana to her room , while I get back to work. It was obvious  Cora and Jungkook would be coming together when their ride finishes.  I go to my room , get dressed again and search for the few maids that had left me a few chores at the second floor.
I get there and grabbed a scrubber fast. I start with the 3 bathrooms on that floor. While foaming every inch of the beautiful designs on the walls , I start rinsing it off. I try finding a normal temperature with my hand , when all of a sudden Taehyung walks in.
-What are you doing?
-Cleaning?
-Shouldn't you rest?
-It was only an accident , I'm fine.
-You didn't look fine at the boat.
-It's passed now.
-Okay.
While fixing the temperature of the water , Taehyung turns the shower head on me , making my shirt soaking wet.
-Oh my god Tae!!!!
-oh sorry. Was that too hot?
I look at him , his smirk fills his lips.
I immediately turn it on him , making him even more wet. He puts his hands in front of him to stop the water , but it doesn't work.
He tries taking the shower head from me and turns it on me and himself again. When he realized what he did he let me have the shower head and I turned the water off.
He looked at me and i looked at him. We both started laughing loudly.
-I'll get a few towels. You've gotten enough wet for a day.
-Hahah! I shall say the same for you.
After he leaves i smile te myself , rinsing the scrub off. I hear footsteps coming and smile to myself.
-What took you so lo-
-We meet again , Y/n.
-... You again?
-Yes me. I won't be staying , lucky for you. I came to give you a few words.
He walks in and closes the door behind him , I look at him in the eye and he starts speaking.
-I won't be talking to you about your journey here , as I have no desire to know anything besides , if you have kept your mouth shut.
He started walking closer to me.
-I have heard good words about you , your obeydience. I'm surprised. But I've also..
He gets even closer , his tone of voice changed.
-..heard..that you like to play around , where you don't belong.
-..what are you taking about..
He suddenly walks inside the cubicale where I was standing. He looked down on me.
-..I won't tolerate your curiousity towards anything that belongs to my daughter. This is your last warning..
He starts walking out , into the long hallways.
I start breathing for a moment , as I couldn't breathe when he was here.
Taehyung walks in with the towels on his hand.
-Sorry it took so long , they weren't dried so I had to let them dry in the sun for awhile.
Then he saw the state I was in.
-Y/n are you okay?
-..yeah
I take the towel and walk past him , straight to my room.
I get out again after a few hours of sleep. It was now 9 pm and I slept for 3 hours. I'm probably not going to fall asleep for some time. I walk out and all the maids had already eaten dinner. I wasn't tired at all. I walk around  the buffet and get a small snack. I check the tables as they get empty one by one as time passes. 20 minutes later I still am not tired. The owner's words were still stuck in my mind. Who would have told him i stole from Dayana??  She probably wants me gone now.
I have to stop thinking so much. I suddenly go to the first floor through the corridors and my legs take me to Cora's room. She is asleep.
-Cora..pssst..Cora!!
Cora wiggles a few times , then looks at me with half opened eyes.
-What are you doing..
-Are you up for a small adventure?
-Its the middle of the night..
-That's the fun part! Come on!
She gets up fixes her hair a bit and we walk off. We get to Jungkook's room and take him with us.
-So what's your crazy plan this time?
-Lets walk around the building. Somewhere here there's a jakuzzi.
-Isn't it a little cold?
-Its agust! It's not cold.
-Yeah..
-Come on guys!! Let's get in.
I take my shirt off and stay with the white taintertop every maid has under her dress.
I get in and turn the jakuzzi on. Cora gets in as well and Jungkook follows her.
-This is actually quite nice.
-Right! It's so warm.
Cora shivers.
-Brrr it was so cold before , now my whole body's temperature turned warm.
We start chatting and after a while I couldn't hide it anymore.
-The owner warned me to be careful 3 or 4 hours ago.
-He what?
-He told me to stay away from things that belong to Dayana. What does that even mean?
-You haven't stolen anything have you?
-What?? Of course not.
-Thats weird. Why would she say that. Does she feel unsure around you?
-Why would she feel unsure?
Cora looks at Jungkook.
-What if it's not about something , but someone?
-What do you mean?
-What if she thinks you're stealing Taehyung?
-What??
I didn't think about that. It didn't even cross my mind.
-i've never even been alone with him. Except when we forgot to get you guys out the room in the morning , we told her we'd be back soon.
Cora frowned at me.
-It needed to be done okay.
-Sure.
We keep chatting and laughing with each other. It's about 11 pm when a little breeze started roaming around. We all stare at the sky for a bit. Than i break the silence.
-How about a small midnight snack Cora? Cora?
No answer. I look at Cora , and she had already fallen asleep. Jungkook swims towards her and gets her out of the pool. He gives her his blazer to throw on top and held her on his back.
-Are you coming?
-Yeah just a second.
-Ok don't fall asleep.
-After that nap I could stay awake all day. Poor Cora she must have been tired. Please take her to her room.
-Yeah I'll hurry , she shouldn't stay around cold air for long.
-Okay.
I take a quick glimpse at the sky one more time. I close my eyes and feel the wind moving a few hairs out of my face. All of a sudden the jakuzzi stops. It turns into straight water. I'm confused and starting  looking around , to find Taehyung holding a small gadget with a big button on it.
-What are you doing alone in the middle of the night? Moreover naked.
-I'm not naked , idiot. I was just going.
-No please , stay. Didn't mean to break in your "privacy".
-That's funny.
-I saw you guys coming here. I heard a little of the conversation you had. Accidentally overheard what the owner told you. Why didn't you tell me?
-..you wouldn't be able to do anything about it. He warned me to get away , if I don't , we both pay.
-He can't do anything to you.
-He can kill me.
-Dont say that.
-Wh-
-Did Dayana spy on you?
-what?
-Does she do anything weird around you.
-Except smirking like a maniac , not really , no.
-Sorry he scared you. Don't worry I'll talk to Dayana about it.
-Talk to her about what.
-That it was misunderstood.
-ah..
-How long will you stay in here?
-Until i feel my hands starting to pucker.
-Okay don't stay for long.
-you don't need to worry about me.
-I..
-Huh?
-..nothing. Goodnight. Don't be long.
He starts to walk away , then he stops, then starts to walk again. What was all that?
Nevermind. I have to get out of this pool. Walking past the hall to my room i follow the second floor stairs as they were closer to the other ones of the other side to get me to my room.
As I was walking past the corridor , I see one of the doors slightly open. It was dayana's room. ...and Taehyung? She is sitting on the bed , while he is backfacing the wall. Suddenly she gets up , and goes closer to him. She puts her face close to his , but he doesn't seem to move , until she starts to kiss him passionately , he still doesn't move. Then I see his hand move onto her hair , then slamming  her onto the wall behind him making a big noise. I start walking away. Then my steps got faster and faster until I found myself running , skipping stairs i finally reach my room and close the door behind me.

Kingdom of silence | Taehyung ffजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें