4

Jaylen

I'm nervous.

Women don't make me feel this type of way, or at least they didn't use to. I be forgetting that that was a long time ago. I am not that same smooth ass nigga, though I wish his ass would come back.

The house is quiet when Correy ain't here. Sierra ass got him right now, and I'm just hoping she'll give him back when it's my turn. Let me try not to think about her petty ass while I'm tryna get ready for a date.

I searched through my closet trying to find something to wear. I was trying to make this date casual but not too casual to where I was looking bummy. But Ieen tryna get too dressed up because what if I look more dressed up than she is? But what if I look too dressed down?

See. All this indecisive shit really pisses me off. Now I don't even feel like going.

The truth is, I'm actually excited. I never go on dates, so I'm bout to make this shit fun. I have to. I can't be in my twenties and not living my best life.

Fuck what I'm wearing. I look good in everything.

After one last look in the mirror, and one last spray of cologne, I'm ready to go. I check my phone and type in the adress Nina sent me. I texted her that I was on my way and she replied immediately.

Nina (future gf, hopefully)
okay can't wait !

That little exclamation had a nigga stomach doing flips. I don't know if she really was excited to go out with me, but it ain't matter. I was excited as hell, and I had been meaning to do this for a minute now.

Last week when I went to get Correy, I walked passed a couple who was leaving the daycare. They were kissing and holding the hands of their two daughters. The kids were lowkey going wild and tryna pull their parents towards the car, but they were just kissing and happy to be together. I know that sounds like some romcom ass shit, but it made me feel lonely as fuck.

Ain't no problem with my life revolving around my son. Once you become a parent, things really change. Like everything you do is for your kid. Bizzy is my project but it's for him too; I gotta make money so he's always taken care of. Other than that, I ain't got shit else going on in my life.

Shit, just let me get a taste of what that's like, to be kissing and all boo'd up with bad ass kids. I want someone to come home to.

I'm thinking too damn much. This is just one date. Let me not get sprung before I even get to know who she is.

After I went in there to get Correy, I took one look at Nina and I knew that shit was now or never. I straight up just asked if she wanted to have a good time with me. I ain't know how else to say it, and I knew if I started thinking as hard as I am now, I'd start stuttering and shit.

Luckily for my ass she said yes. And here we are now.

I pulled up to a nice little townhouse that was a little further away from the city. It was quiet, and the streets wasn't wild with tourists. I got out and knocked on the door.

I could hear her heels clacking on her way to answer the door. After she opened that motherfucker I almost did a double take. I swear my goofy ass was probably drooling just looking at her. I only ever saw Nina behind a desk, so this... this was something else.

"I didn't really know where we was going so I hope I'm not dressed wrong," she blushed.

I just sat there not knowing what to say. She side smirked and stepped outside of the house while I led us down to my car.

After opening the door for her, I realized that I still hadn't said anything to her yet. "You look amazing, don't mind me being an idiot." She smiled and strapped in as I took us back into New Orleans.