|| king krow ||

It is already past four in the evening, long after the last class period and beginning the time for club activities

The male volleyball team members of Karasuno High School are already in the gym and started their warm-ups. Well, almost all of them.

Some boys are stretching, the ones that are done set up the volleyball net with their manager sitting on the bench, preparing to write notes after filling up the players' bottle with water. Their coach, Ukai Keishin is having a discussion with their club advisor, Takeda Ittetsu, probably regarding their latest concern for the improvement of the players.

Ascending loud screams can be heard from the entrance of the gym that cause the boys to stop and stare at the source of assertive voices only to deadpan and continue their previous doings once they figure out who made the chaos.

It's not like it's anything new to hear that. They either walk into the shouting or the shouting arrives at them.

When the loud "ARGH!" hits its loudest at the gym door, the two idiotic fools followed up by tumbling and rolling on the floor. The said idiots proceed to argue who won or arrived first.

"I ARRIVED FIRST, KAGEYAMA! BLEH!"

"BOKE! YOU STARTED EARLIER! YOU CHEATER!"

"YOU TOOK YOUR TIME TO GET YOUR MILK! LOSER-"

"BOKE! HINATA BOKE!"

Yes. The last two members to arrive are the freak duo first years, Hinata Shoyo and Kageyama Tobio.

And, yes. They started one of their pretentious competitions that no one sees the point of them.

Their pointless personal competitions just to have that temporary satisfaction of defeating the other in almost anything.

The other members collectively sigh then get into their positions, wearing either a yellow sports bib or just their white T-shirt. The vice captain, or team mom, Sugawara Koushi, looks at his fellow third year captain, Sawamura Daichi with a tilted head and pursed lip in disappointment and defeat.

Daichi closes his eyes with furrowed eyebrows, his hand covering his forehead, a physical metaphor to check if he still have the patience and will to live through this chaotic mess. Guess he doesn't have much of a choice.

Removing his hand, his eyes opened with a silent fury, wearing an expression that the others know all too well, the whole gym flinched when they felt the familiar quiet and dangerous aura.

The fact that the captain had the ability to hold a sinister smile even made the coach and the teacher twist their face in fear.

And the only ones who are still unaware from the captain who is ready to burst are... the arguing dumb first years.

One of their second-year seniors, Tanaka Ryuunosuke, whispers with a yelling undertone to them as he is standing the closest to them.

"O-oi! Daichi's gonna get mad-"