Chapter Two.

I woke up the next day with a dry throat. I heard crying from the other room. It was Lucy. I got up quickly and stomped on the floor playfully. I could hear her stop crying as I kept stomping. When I reached her room, I opened the door and and saw her in her bed, wiping her eyes.

"Fee fi fo fum. I smell the blood of  little girl." I said as if I were a monster.

She giggled and I ran to her bed, over toys, and tickeled her. I felt something warm... burning. I sniffed. Did someone burn themselves?

"Lucy.." I stopped tickling her, "Do you smell that?"

She was looking down at her arm under her blanket. I pushed the fabric out of the way and I saw her arm, exactly where my mother burned me yesterday, there was a burn mark. She started to cry again "I  dont want you to feel bad, It was my fault." Was she blaming herself.

"Go and get a band-aid, before you put it on, wash it off with WARM water." I said, and she got out of bed and did what I asked. I felt a sharp pain to my chest. I felt guilt. She burned herdelf for me. A tear fell from my eye, and Lucy came back from the bathroom, and her arm had a light mark. I wiped my tears and noticed it was getting dark, and got her to bed, and myself to sleep, also.

I heard the hoarse coughs of my mother from the other room.  I hated that sound. It was a sound I heard way too often. The tears from earlier came back, now, not for guilt, but for pity of myself. I felt like  a bad person. I thought to myself that I deserved what happened to me. Which I didnt.

"Ellie! Get the hell down here!" I heard the coughs continue.

I ran downstairs and saw my mother, and the doctor standing there. Serious looks on their faces. I couldnt help but remember what the doctor said to us earlier.. I couldnt help but blame myself a little. I know it was inevitable. She had it since birth, and i couldnt have helped it, but