🌌 Chapter 16 🌌

"You really think this plan will work?" Grim asked the girl, looking at the mine entrance nervously.

"Hopefully, it's the best I got." She answered. "But if that thing reacts like how it did with any gem...then it should work."

"Come on! It'll be fine!" Ace yelled. "Let's get this over with!"

"Alright..."

🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌

"H-hey Beasty!" Grim yelled into the entrance of the mines. A low growl alerted the cat that the large monster heard him.

"Grrr....LEAVE!!"

Grim jumped, seeing the large dark body rush towards him. The cat creature quickly ran towards the girl, quivering as he jumped onto her shoulder. "It's coming!"

"Over here you big palooka!" The girl yelled, raising her hand that held a jewel. "I got something you might like!~"

"Gr?! Theif...Won't let you...mine...MINE!!"

The monster leaped at the two, raising it's hand to land a hit on them. The girl was quick to react, jumping away from the blow and running to keep distance.

"Jesus christ!" The girl yelped in surprise. "What the holy hell?!"

"That punch looks like a knockout if it lands!" Grim cried, clutching his paws into the girl's clothes.

"No shit!" She exclaimed, running as far away from the entrance as she could. "We just gotta get that thing away from the entrance! Ace!"

The girl chucked the jewel towards the red head, who was farther away from the entrance. The male caught it and waved the jewel around.

"Over here ugly!"

"Give...it...BACK!!"

The monster dived in the direction of the male, growling so loud it surprised the group. Ace dodged the large creature's claws, using his wind magic to fly across the wood's clearing. As the creature got closer, the male threw the rock at Duece. This exchange of catch went on for awhile, tiring the monster out. Until the girl threw the jewel as far as she could into the trees, shouting a 'yeet!' as she did.

"It's pretty far away now!" Grim exclaimed.

"Let's go!" The girl smiled. "Now for phase two!"

"I got this! Extra Large Tempest!" Ace yelled, waving his pen to create a tornado around the monster, who was back in the clearing holding the small rock. The monster growled in anger, not able to move as fire was added to the tornado.

"Guah?!"

"Hehe! Take my fire special! No one can stand it!" Grim smirked.

"How's that? I can even fan Grim's shoddy flames into an inferno!" Ace said.

"Shoddy?! It's not!" Grim yelled. "Ugh, every word out of your mouth pisses me off!"

"Deuce! Now's your chance!" The girl exclaimed.

"Okay okay..." The male mumbled, taking deep breaths. "Take aim...the biggest, heaviest thing I know..."