Chapter 7: Run for Me

En başından başla

"Yes, Tomura?"

Oh, it's Shigaraki.

"Now?" The doctor spoke on the phone. There was a moment of silence where he stared off until he sighed in slight frustration. "Fine, I'll be there soon. Have Kurogiri open a portal for me."

The doctor walked off without looking back at him and Izuku was finally left alone.

"Are you okay?" He heard Osachi whisper.

He didn't think of replying, the only thing on his mind at the moment was that in the morning he would see Sensei. The thought terrified him to his core. The man had an incredibly strong presence with an aura of pure darkness that was coated with an act of nurture.

Sensei didn't care about him, all he cared about was his goal in beating All Might and ending the chain of One for All.

Izuku has been told the tale of the Quirk many times by the man in his time spent with him.

He didn't know what to think about that, though. That a Quirk could be passed on and inherited. It sounded like nonsense when he first heard it, but Sensei wasn't the type of person to speak nonsense. Sure, he lied a lot and bent the truth and manipulated but there was always a truth in his lies, no matter how small. That was what made his manipulation so strong.

So when he heard the Quirk All Might had was meant to beat him, it made him feel many different things. The analyst in him wanted to ask questions about it. Could it be given to someone without a Quirk factor? Was it an emitter type Quirk? If it was given to someone with a mutation Quirk; is the next user able to use that mutation? But then he remembered who he was talking to and kept his mouth shut.

This was something that All Might and Sensei has to deal with. It didn't involve Izuku whatsoever.

"Izuku-kun?" Osachi asked. They decided to drop formalities and had began speaking on a first name bases. They were both trapped together so it didn't matter either way. The people in the other cages were more or less quiet and just like to listen to their one sided conversations, since Izuku couldn't speak.

There was an old man a few cages down that Izuku never caught the name of. He was kind, most of the time, and have his input sometimes when he thought it was needed, but most of the time he was quiet.

A few groans of pain could be heard once in a while, or complaints to Osachi for talking while they were trying to sleep. They understood and always quit their one sided chatter after that. Charades was a game they played most of the time. Izuku thinking of weird phrases and trying to act them out while the man guessed.

It was a small piece of comfort for them.

Izuku looked up his friend and saw him with a worried expression. "What was the monster talking about? Receiving a Quirk? What did he mean?"

Cold reality set on the boy once again as he realized once more that the people here are all here because of their Quirks and how they're going to be turned into Nomu. "You probably can't answer that. Sorry," Osachi said. As if he was at fault for anything. "Are you okay?"

He didn't want to lie so he just shook his head.

"I'd bet."

They sat in silence for a while. The man probably didn't know what to say at all. When he looked up at Izuku again his eyes paused and a look of confusion painted it. His gaze was cast at the lock to Izuku's cage door.