January 5th, 2015

This is the first time I've really written in a journal for a while. Much less show it to other people. I have nothing else to do in my Web Design class, so I thought I would just start writing a little bit.

        First things first about me, I am not a very reflective person. I will tell you my thoughts and what's going on, but you will hardly see any flashbacks unless they tie into something really important I have to say.

        Second, I really love music. I traveled a lot when I was young and my dad blasted bands like the Foo Fighters, the Toadies, the Pixies, and AC/DC so music grew up with me. This is where my rule, "rip out my headphones, I rip out your lungs," comes into play.

        Lastly, I may dress dark and look like I'm depressed, but honestly, I am one of the most friendly, caring, and craziest guys you will ever meet. I usually respond to all my texts and messages of any kinds. Don't ever be afraid to come to me if you are having an issue.

        My mood right now? Indifferent. I can't stand being this way because it's so boring. I'm that kind of guy that has to always do something, I can't just sit and do nothing. It defeats my principles. 

        I scroll through my ipod and look for the most pissed off, raged out song on there and start to play it. I am immediately filled with energy, maybe a little too much. I start tapping my foot uncontrollably, which usually happens when I listen to music. I've grown used to it so I ignore it.

        Just as the song hits the solo, my friend and band member Cody starts up a chat on gmail. I turn to my email and read it. Band practice Friday? 6-8? I reply with a simple, "You know it." I hit send and go back to writing.

        All the sudden the song changes to one of my favorite songs in the whole wide world. I grin as I read the title. 

        10 Miles Wide by Escape the Fate (ft. Josh Todd). It takes about every ounce of strength to not sing it out loud. I bite the inside of my lip and wait for the song to be over. 

        Such a great combination, I think. I mean the singer from Buckcherry singing with Craig Mabbit, it's just amazing. I realize that I'm starting to sound like a fangirl and dismiss that thought.

        That's one thing I can do really easily. I can forget about things almost right when I want to. It just comes natural to me and I love it. I guess this is where I get my carefree attitude from. I don't care about what people think or say because one, I don't take them seriously, and two, I forget about it. 

        Suddenly I get really tired. I look at the time in the bottom right hand corner of the desktop and see it's only 11:42. On the weekend, I wouldn't even be up yet. Stupid school. I then remember something Billie Joe Armstrong said right then. "School is like practice for the future, and practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?" I laugh and then decide I've written enough for today.

        Quote of the Day: "We put the fun back into dysfunctional." ~Green Day