Chapter 10

It was another morning again and the first instinct I got after waking up was to head straight to the bathroom. Without glancing in the mirror or even fixing my hair, I opened my bedroom door, yawning.

“Good morning,” I heard a guy’s voice.

My eyes flew open and there I saw Elliot sitting by the counter, reading a newspaper and having coffee. I knew my cheeks turned red instantly. I was pretty sure my mouth was opened so big my fist could have fitted inside. Damn, even Elliot’s big man hand could have fitted 

I immediately straightened my hair and crossed my arms. I wasn’t wearing a bra. How stupid, Bobby. How could you forget you’re living with a guy?

“G—g, good morning,” I stammered and forced a smile. If I were a hermit crab, I was already hiding in my shell.

Reaching the bathroom couldn’t get any faster. I practically sprinted across the flat. The moment I shut the door, I quickly stood in front of the mirror to check out how much I embarrassed myself back there. The experience was horrifying. My hair looked like a bird’s nest, my face was pale, and my eyes have trolley-sized bags under them. I had always wondered how actresses woke up in the morning looking like they went straight out of a magazine in the movies. 

I was sure Elliot thought I was a zombie. I grunted and glanced at the wall clock. It was just 7:30 in the morning, I wondered why he was already dressed up, ready for school.

By the time I was done getting ready, it was already 8:30. Yep, 1 whole hour in the bathroom. I’m a girl, please understand. I went out, looking more like a human now than how I looked like before entering the bathroom. I was wearing the usual: jeans and an oversized top.

I was expecting to see nobody in the living room because Elliot usually leaves for school at 8:15 but there he was lounging at the couch, guitar on his lap and a pencil between his lips. He was also holding some music sheets in his hands.

“Thought you transformed into a mermaid or have drowned in there,” he said casually, standing up. I watched him put his guitar in the bag and keep his sheets away. 

“Girls like to take their time,” I replied and started towards the fridge. I suddenly got thirsty.

I got myself a glass of water while Elliot headed to the door. He was just about to step out when he suddenly stopped.

“I’ve never met a girl who snored that loud,” he glanced at me and smirked. Then he went out and shut the door.

I almost dropped the glass I was holding on the floor. I DO NOT SNORE! 

I was muttering to  myself like a complete psycho as I stomped my way down the streets.

“I can’t believe he said that! I never snored in my life.” I mumbled, just loud enough for people not to hear I was talking to myself. 

I was thinking hundreds of ways of murdering Elliot as I walked to school. After last night, I was kind of hoping a thank you from him or a change in his behavior. Not that I expected but I was just hoping.

I knew it was his fault why my dark circles had been getting worse. The rumors, the flat, the annoying little attraction because he looked so darn gorgeous. Everything was entirely his fault!

I thought London was going to be an escape because it was an extraordinary city with lots of beautiful things going on. I never thought my escape from my heartaches about Andrew was going to be in the form of Elliot. I was so busy trying my best for him not to get under my skin that I actually almost forgot I had a best friend back in America.