Chapter 9: Target

Hey, *SPOILER WARNING: SMALL BERICA SSR SPOILERS, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK*, his outfit is above, but he has a jeans jacket with a hood instead of the blazer :)

Best Western
Thompson, Manitoba, Canada
7:45 PM
Sunday
February 6th

Mike's POV:
I put on some casual clothes, dark tight jeans, a tight white collared tee, and a dark blue jeans jacket with a gray hood attached to it, with some white Adidas shoes. I was just gonna take her for lunch at some local restaurant and then go for a walk around the pier with some ice cream.

I got there 5 minutes early and knocked on the door.

"Name?" Mr. Williamson said.

"Solomon sir. Solomon Parker."

"Business?"

"I'm here to see Charlotte sir."

"Daddy! Is Solomon here?" She called from up the large staircase.

"I believe so dear."

"Hi Sol! I'll be right out!" She said, waving.

"Okay." I smiled, waving back.

She came down and slid some shoes on.

"Who is he darling?"

"Daddy this is Solomon. But his friends call him Sol."

"Okay, and he is?"

"The guy I told you about. The one who asked me out?"

"Oh. Alright, well, have fun sweetheart." He said simply before hugging her and going back inside.

I thought they said he'd be upset. That's a little strange.

Everyone back at the hotel was listening via my air-pod earpiece I had.

"Shoot I forgot my phone, be right back."

"No problem at all. I'll wait right here for you."

She smiled and jogged back to grab her phone. Once I was sure no one could hear me, I muttered and looked away.

"Guys... you catch that?"

"Yes we did dear."

"Catherine, wasn't that a little strange?"

"Indeed it was."

"What if it's because he's just gonna kill me soon so it doesn't matter?"

"Calm down Mike, I'm sure it's not that." Ben laughed. "Zoe, Cyrus, can you two do some research and figure out how her previous relationships ended and how he reacted?"

"Already on it."

"Sure kid."

"Cyrus, I'm 23." Ben laughed again.

"Whatever. I was in this business fighting the Russkies in the Cold War when your parents were in diapers, you're still a kid by comparison."

"Okay then." He laughed.

"Mike, I'll tell you when we find out, for now just try to get information about her without being super sus and constantly asking about her father. You're on a date with her, not her dad."

"Gotcha." I laughed.

"Mention something about your dad like a while into the meal after asking about her a lot to get on the topic, and then ask what he does, but don't push it."

"Roger that. She's coming back out now. Bravo 6, going dark."

"You're such a nerd." Ben laughed.