You and Your Knives

The teens reached the penthouse. Somehow they made it to Jerome's room undetected.

Isabelle flopped on his bed on her stomach. "My head is spinning." she mumbled into the sheets.

Jerome laid next to her on his back, playing with a piece of her hair. "Speaking of your head, what kinda stuff do your voices say?" Jerome asked. He figured she heard voices for a while. He noticed her twitches.

"Nothing important. Tell me to kill people, tell me useless," She mumbles into the sheets.

"I wish I had voices." Jerome said wistfully.

Isabelle scoffed and looked at him. "No you don't, it hurts."

"Aw pour baby." Jerome cooed and twirled a piece of hair around his finger.

Isabelle turned on her side to glare at him.

Jerome giggled in return and noticed the cut on her cheek. "See how cute your cut looks?" Jerome ran his thumb over the scab. "I'm so glad you forgive me."

Isabelle scoffed and got off the bed. "I haven't, I just forgot I was mad at you." she said and walked out of Jerome's room to walk into hers. Jerome followed her.

She was already tired of him. How can he go from taking her on a date to pissing her off so quickly? She stopped in her tracks in realization and turned to him angrily. "Was that what that was? A distraction so I forget i was angry?" Isabelle asked.

Jerome pushed past her to get into her bedroom. "No worries, I like your room better anyway." He sat on her bed and smirked at her. "It smells like you."

'Sneaky bastard' a voice spat.

"Get out," Isabelle demanded.

"I wasn't trying to distract you," Jerome defended. "I wanted to spend time with you." he said innocently.

Isabelle crossed her arms. "Why?"

Jerome crossed his arms to match hers. "Because that's what friends do."

"You hated me at the circus." Isabelle was getting frustrated.

Jerome liked seeing her pissed off. He compared her to a kitten.

The boy looked at the ceiling as if in deep thought. "Well, at first it was to mess with your head. But then Galavan mentioned the turning project and I wanted to know about that. I knew you wouldn't just tell me if i asked so i needed you to like me." Jerome explained with a smile.

Isabelle clenched her fists. The thought of being manipulated by the likes of Jerome Valeska made her blood boil. She saw herself smarter than that.

Isabelle pulled the door shut and Jerome tilted his head in curiosity. He noticed her knives next to her foot, she could so easily take one and attack if he got close enough. He knew that's what she was gonna try to do so. Jerome could tell from her just eye twitched, just like last night, except this time he was ready.

Jerome stood from the bed and walked towards her slowly. "You're likable when you're not, you know, being a bitch." he pointed to her. "You're very fun drunk."

Isabelle was seeing red. She hated Jerome, she knew what a bad person he was. And for some reason let him in anyway. She could have said no to going out with Jerome, could have punched him for every time he touched her, but she didn't. Only for it to have meant nothing.

Given into the voices violent instructions she quickly bent down and took a knife from the holster she had left on the floor and attempted to stick it in Jerome's stupidly handsome face. But as he expected this, he caught her by the wrist.