"Do you know how difficult it was to find a tree like this one?" Remus asked, smiling at the tree. "I know, it isn't like the ones at Hogwarts, but--"

"I love it," I squealed.

"You do?" Remus asked hesitantly.

"Of course, I do. It's so cute. It's perfect," I smiled, collapsing into my favourite chair in front of the fire.

My eyes wandered around the room but stopped when they saw the presents. Crap!

"Remus? When can we go to Diagon Alley next? I haven't had a chance to get my Christmas presents yet," I asked innocently.

"Don't worry we have a whole week before that. Although it should be in the next few days. I'm guessing you still need to send them by owl," Remus muttered the last bit to himself. "We can go tomorrow and get it all sorted out."

"Ok, thank you," I sighed in relief and stared into the fire happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Remus and I grabbed our cloaks, and I got my small pouch of money and we apparated to Diagon Alley. It was absolutely crowded with people like us who were doing their last-minute Christmas shopping.

Remus and I would have managed to get in and out of the shops we needed to go into within the hour if only the queues in every shop weren't the length of the Hogwarts Express!

So three hours later, Remus and I returned home and started to wrap the presents. Obviously, I made him look away while I wrapped his but apart from that, we spent the next couple hours wrapping presents and singing out of tune to some muggle Christmas songs.

Firstly, I got Remus a sneakoscope that not only made a whizzing sound when someone untrustworthy was near, but it flashed brightly until you picked it up. Next I got him about a dozen chocolate frogs (I mean, you can never have enough chocolate, can you?).

Next, I had got Hermione some colour-changing ink that depending on what mood you were in, changed colours.

For Ron, I had got him a pile of the best Wizards sweets that should last him until next Christmas but knowing Ron they would be gone by the end of the holiday.

For Harry, I had got him a golden snitch that could float around you so you could try and catch it. But the thing was, it wasn't ever going to be possible. The wizard behind the counter asked if I wanted to put a spell on it that made it impossible to catch as every time you go near it, it flies away or starts flying around your head. Of course, I said yes!

I felt like I should get something for Dumbledore, but I wasn't sure what to get so Remus suggested some socks. Imagine your headmaster wanting socks for Christmas!

Remus and I also thought Professor McGonagall would want something. Remus said that her having to put up with me every day deserved a reward. Rude! So we got her some nice perfume that you could make by yourself and add your own choice of flavour.

Finally, for Hagrid, I had got him some butterbeer cookies as well as the recipe so he could make an endless supply of them. Hopefully, they'd be better than his rock cakes.

When they were wrapped up, I went and put Remus' presents under the tree.

The rest of the day was spent with Remus and me doing some Christmas baking, adding a couple more decorations around the house and playing several games of gobstones.

We went out on a Christmas walk later that week so that I could owl everyone their gifts. I felt slightly sorry for the two owls who had the fun of taking all of the gifts, apart from Hermione and Remus', to Hogwarts. A separate owl would take Hermione's to her.