Chapter 2

AN: Hi everyone ! Thank you so much for those of you who stopped by and gave my story a chance. I'm very new to WattPad so please feel free to share my story with anyone you think will like it. A special shout out to Caroline4329 who gave me my first vote and comment ever!! She has some great Kissing Booth stories you should all check out too.

Disclaimer: As always all existing plot lines and characters except Jake belong to Beth Reekles / Netflix

Also thank you to my new followers lillersxo, Mickaylaforever22 & Kjj022 and for Lynn1133 for adding me to your reading list!

Happy Friday from the states! I hope you enjoy this next chapter! There are some flashbacks here that I hope you enjoy.

----------

Elle's POV

I was doing great after the break up and a big part of that was that I didn't have to see Noah ... ever. Noah had not come home for Thanksgiving claiming that it was too short of a break to come home and instead stayed in Boston... with who I never asked and never let myself dwell on long enough to hypothesize.

For the Christmas and New Year Holiday when Noah did come home, I conveniently planned my East Coast college tour knowing Noah would be on the West Coast. Rachel and I actually flew out to look at the Ivy Leagues out there and also some smaller colleges, all of which were looking at me for either early admissions or as a new soccer recruit. Rachel was dead set on going to Brown and I knew that the East Coast would be a perfect change of pace for me. I tried to ignore the nagging in my head that it was partly because Noah was still out there.

Lee was super bummed that both we were gone without him for the holidays, but he was surprisingly supportive. It was still really hard telling him for the first time that I wanted to bail on our Berkley plans and instead exploring options on the East Coast. I understand though... it was rule #19.

----

4 Months Ago
Elle's POV

I had just met with my guidance counselor who was so happy to see me turning things around. It looked like with my "110%" effort I was putting into school was really paying off and I had a lot of new doors open for me – this included Ivy League schools and soccer programs across the country.

I bit my lip in thought. I knew what our plans had always been. Go to UC Berkeley like our moms. Take the road trip up the PCH with all our stuff in Lee's car and become San Francisco regulars.

But, I couldn't help but feel like there was more for me out there ever since this new Elle came around. That maybe I didn't want endless summers, familiar people, and rolling hills, maybe I wanted seasons, new faces, and a concrete jungle to explore. I knew I had to talk to Lee but I knew that he was so set on going to Berkeley that I didn't want to break his heart.

I was so lost in my thoughts that through some divine intervention I quite literally walked into a familiar chest. His arms came around to keep me from flying back on my butt from our full speed collision.

"Watch it Shelly," he said laughing but immediately throwing an arm around me.

"Sorry Lee," I said, blowing the loose hair out of my face.

"Where were you during 4th period?" he asked. "I thought that we were going to start planning our road trip over winter break to visit Berkeley."

I chewed my lip nervously tensing under his arm. Lee looked at me worried, immediately knowing something was up. That's the thing with having a best friend for as long as I've had Lee – he could see right through my lies.