Day 5

hello everyone :) sorry i haven't uploaded in a while :( i've been busy with schoolwork and stuff... but i hope you like this chapter!!! it should be pretty long actually... ENJOY <3 :D

            I rolled out of bed before I got the text from Harry saying what we were going to be doing today. I took a quick shower and blow dried my hair. I had no idea why, but I wanted to look good today. I felt the need to dress up for Harry, because friends are allowed to look nice for each other. I didn’t have to be his girlfriend to look nice for him.

            I mentally slapped myself for saying that again and walked out into my bedroom with my towel on. My mind wandered and before I knew it, I was fantasizing about Harry. I imagined him in my bed, calling me over…

            No. I had to stop doing this. I’ve only known him for… today was five days. Five days I have known this man. He had a girlfriend. I’m sure she wouldn’t be happy knowing I was fantasizing about her boyfriend in my hotel bed.

            I dropped my towel and pulled on my underwear and navy blue strapless bra. I searched through my closet where I hung up my dresses that I decided to take with me. I chose my dark blue one with a tan skinny belt around the waist. Did it look like I was trying too hard? No, it was a simple dress; I could wear this on any other day if I wanted to. It’s not even like I had to impress Harry…

            I continued having this internal debate with myself as I slipped on my dress and struggled to zipper up the dress. I pulled on a pair of black tights and then my black ankle boots that I’d put on later. I looked at myself in the mirror and fixed my wavy brown hair. I exhaled, getting nervous.

            Harry hadn’t even texted me yet. What if he didn’t even want to hang out today?

            I heard my phone ringtone go off and I leaped onto my bed to see who it was. My mom. I exhaled and answered the call.

            “Hello?”

            “Elyse!” she exclaimed happily.

            “Hey mom…”

            “I just wanted to check in again, see how you’re doing.”

            “I’m having a great time actually, I made a really nice friend…”

            “Oh, what’s her name? Is she nice?” My mom sounded genuinely interested in the friend I made in London.

            I laughed a little bit, “Mom, his name is Harry.”

            There was a pause. “Oh. Oh. Is he nice?”

            I smiled, “Yes, he is very nice.”

            “How far have you two gone?” my mom teased.

            “Mom! He has a girlfriend!” I exclaimed, my jaw dropping.

            My mom laughed on the other end of the call, “I’m kidding… So he’s nice? That’s good… How’d you meet him?”

            “I went on the London Eye the other night and we met there. We started talking, and then afterwards he walked me around London a little bit and took me to his favorite café. Then the next morning he said that each day I’m here, he’d take me to all the places he thinks I should go to in London. It’s really fun.”