The look on Nathan's face when he comes is beautiful, especially since I can see the utter lust and love in those gorgeous emerald eyes. He kisses me as he comes down from his high, running his hands up and down my back.

"I love you," he whispers against my lips.

"I love you too," I reply, already grinding against him to get my own relief, even though he needs another moment to be ready for me again.

He grabs my hips to keep me in place, struggling to catch his breath. "How about we get you off at my place?"

I freeze, not sure I heard him correctly. "Did you just say... your place?" I've been wanting to see where he lives, but I would never push him to bring me there. It's where he's a father to Rose. It's his home. Bringing me there... that's a huge deal.

"Yes," Nathan growls, growing hard inside of me again and grabbing my hips even tighter to slam me down on him. "My place."

I want to ask him what he means, to make sure that he knows what he's saying and not just grunting out words in the middle of sex, but he moves his hand between us to rub my clit and I lose my train of thought completely. When his other hand finds my throat and squeezes, my body immediately responds to the utter loss of control by coming apart.

"Beautiful," Nathan says softly, watching me come. "Absolutely beautiful." He softly massages my now sore neck until the pain subsides, never taking his eyes off of me. "I love you more than anything, Caroline. Let's spend the night at my place tonight."

***

Nathan's place is not what I was expecting. It's on the edge of town, far enough away to have a great view of the woods, but close enough for Rose to be near everything she could ever want. There's a swing set in the backyard, looking worn like it was already here before he moved in here. The house itself is brown brick with a large garage attached where he parks his car so we can get out without his neighbors spotting me. Not that his neighbors are close, since the yards are all so big that even if I screamed, the couple next door wouldn't hear us.

I always expected Nathan to be able to afford a place like this, but I also anticipated him to live in someplace new. Clean, white, minimalistic. A place that matches his pristine suits. I was wrong. The house looks like many families livesdin it before he bought it after his divorce. He's only been living here for little under four years, but it feels like a house with an old soul.

"Why do you look so surprised?" Nathan asks as I look around his living room in shock.

"I just didn't expect..." I shake my head, gaping at the mess in front of me. Truth be told, the living room looks like my parents' place so much it shocks me to my core. The walls are painted grey, except for the one to my right, which is a deep green that matches the cabinets in the open kitchen. The furniture is completely mismatched, ranging from a red couch to a steel and wood closet that looks like it belongs in a barn instead of his living room. The thing that stands out the most is that there are toys everywhere. Even though Rose is with her mother, it feels like she can waltz in here any minute to pick up her dolls or continue coloring in the book that's still on the coffee table.

There are pictures of her all over the place. Instead of one big portrait, there are dozens of small picture frames on the wall next to the kitchen, looking like they were all put up there separately, since none of them match and there's no pattern to them.

"What exactly has your tongue tied?" Nathan teases, his arms wrapping around me from behind. "The color scheme? The utter lack of a woman's touch in here? Or the fact that I obviously don't have a maid and I'm too damn lazy to clean this mess up myself?"