viii

"oh my gosh, clay stopppp. CLAY STOP," i yell laughing. the dog he just killed makes one more last cry before it turns red and falls over, "you owe me a new one," he laughs.

"there's a forest right there, you can go find one," i sigh.

"i fucking hate you," i laugh.

"uh huh, im sure," he says. i shake my head. he's so stupid. 

"hey i'm heading out now!" allie opens my door.

"okayyy! have fun i love you babe you look so hot!" i say to her. she's wearing a nude pink colored dress that ends about half way down her thigh. it has a frill that wraps around the bottom and has a triangle shaped top part. the dress is scrunched and it looks really good on her.

"yeah i'll have as much fun as i can with devin," i can hear the sarcasam in her voice. my heart skips a beat at his name but i ignore it, "i won't be back until maybe 11 or later, we might go to a movie," 

"okay sounds good! dont let him get his hand's down your pants on the first date!" i say as i turn back to the screen. i can tell she rolls her eyes, and i feel a pillow hit my head. i groan as a laugh, and allie joins in. she closes my door and I can faintly hear the front door close too.

"wow," clay says. I laugh at that.

"that's my roommate allie," i clarify, "she's been on and off with this guy for like years now. he's such a dick," there was a minute of silence. i was wrapped up in my thoughts as i look through the forest for a dog.

"so you're alone? in downtown orlando?" i knew what was coming.

"haha yeah," i try to sound oblivious, like i don't know what he's about to ask me.

"you should come over then maybe?" i pause for a second. i didn't wanna be that bitch who makes up excuses not to go. plus it was only like eight, i couldn't even come up with a good excuse, "you don't have to," he stutters, "i don't want to like pressure you or anything. i know you probably don't wanna go to a man you met online's house so i totally get it if you-"

"yeah, i'll come over," my heart skips a beat. was this really happening?

"okay great," the stress leaves his voice, "we can meet like, in public and if you decide you don't want to come over, and if you don't then that's totally fine we can just go back to playing minecraft or something,"

"okayyy, i'll send you an address?" he agrees and i bite my lip happily, "great, i'll be there in 20,"

"okay, can't wait," he tries to sound nonchalant, but i can tell that he super excited. as soon as we hang up i let out a scream. then i realize i don't know what to wear.

"SKY," i yell into the camera. 

"woah, what are you all worked up about?" she's eating a bowl of noodles and her hair in the rats nest she calls a messy bun.

"i'm going over to dream's" i breath out. I can't comprehend it myself.  she pauses and stares into the camera. 

"haven't you known him for like...four days or something?"

"yeah yeah, shut up, i don't know!" i can't tell what im feeling; if im excited or nervous, "i don't know what to wear."

"okay, okay, okay, yes, i gotchu, oh my god," she takes a sip from a red hydroflask. knowing her, there's vodka in there, "wear your...you still have that oversized miami hurricanes hoodie right?" i nod, "okay good wear that, and some short shorts. like those white lulu shorts or frayed denim shorts." i go over to my closet and pull out exactly what she says, "and put your hair in a high ponytail, but make it loose and kind of messy."

I stare at myself in the mirror. this outfit was so incredibly simple, i don't know why i didn't think of it.

"okay, and go light with the makeup, maybe mascara and concealer. and maybe some highlight and bronzer. and i assume you're wearing your air forces so the long nike socks are a must," i sigh. i thank her for the advice and begin on my way.

I've known sky since elementary school, or known of her. we never really talked. and once i moved, i found out she was one of the only people i knew who still played minecraft so we played together. we'd been close since i was maybe 14 or 15, and i'm 19 now. in that span of time, she's had so many boyfriends and she's done so many things that i probably shouldn't mention. she was what you considered the 'thot' friend. she knew everything about guys. she probably thought that this was a hookup, knowing her. I wanted to ask her for advice, just incase something happened, but i wasn't sure if i even wanted anything to. i took a deep breath as i left my apartment building.