Richard didn't know how long he stood in the hall, staring at her like an idiot. He must have looked quite awkward, because she tilted her head and grinned at him with amusement. Dominique reached out to take his hand and lead him into the shadowed suite. That was when he noticed the crisp, white robe that was supposed to protect her from the winter chill. It couldn't serve its purpose the way she wore it. She had it completely open to reveal the naked body underneath. 

Richard didn't consciously cross the threshold of Dominique's door. It was the click of the lock that snapped him back to reality. He knew he shouldn't be here. He needed to go, naked former lover or not. Just say hello, good-bye, have a nice life. It was over. 

"I'm surprised, King Richard." Dominique turned to him with a languid and disarming purr in her voice. "I didn't think you would come." 

Richard tried to stare at his feet when he spoke. He thrust his hands into his coat pockets to reinforce the image that he wasn't staying long. His eyes caught sight of her small, bare feet and soft, curved thighs. "I thought it was the proper thing to do, that's all. Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but a text just seems rude." 

Her wet lips looked so generous and inviting. "That's very thoughtful of you. I appreciate it a lot." 

He was on her then, gathering the heat of her face in his icy hands and pressing her against the door with his body. Her tongue was sweet and moist in his mouth. All he could do was moan and drink her in. Dominique wasn't surprised or put off by his outburst. Her hand gripped him with authority. His erection throbbed through his pants and into her palm. 

Richard could only pull away from the kiss when the pleasure of her grip turned into the pain of unsatisfied frustration. He tore off his coat, but he didn't dare take a step back. He needed to stay close to feel her turn against him. 

First, her cotton-covered hip grazed his erection. Then she pulled that aside to let him ogle the plump curves of her ass grinding into his pants. The slow twist of her hip was the sweetest torture he could imagine. 

That movement drove him to stop clawing at his own clothes and to pounce on her again. His teeth found her bare shoulder. One hand scooped up a waiting breast. The other slipped between her legs with shocking ease. She was already so open, so wet for him. Her lower lips felt as moist as her upper lips looked. He needed to lose himself there. It had been too long since he had fallen inside her. 

Dominique opened his pants, wrapped him in a condom, and guided him in with a confident and practiced hand. All he needed to do was hold on and watch the show. It was all he could do to keep his hands on her hips and watch her dance. She moved with the same primal grace that Richard marveled at whenever he saw black girls take over the dance floor of a club. He was always too timid to approach them, but if they fucked the way they danced, then Richard married the wrong woman. By the time his orgasm hit, his shirt dripped with sweat. His legs shivered from exertion. 

After he pulled out, Dominique turned with a slightly submissive and slightly teasing look. Richard busied himself with fixing his clothes so he didn't have to look her in the eye. "I should go." 

She nodded like an eager child. "Do you have something for me?" 

Richard stuffed his hand in his inside jacket pocket and pulled out a small, white envelope. This was the part that always disgusted him. This forbidden transaction shattered the facade of their romance. 

Dominique slipped it from his hand and leaned in to give him a soft kiss him on the cheek. "Thank you, King Richard. I hope I get to see you when I'm in Berlin. Shall we set up a date?" 

Richard nodded without eye contact and leaned for the door. Dominique opened it for him. "I'll be staying at Das Stue, I think. You can decide to meet me when I get there."