I was on the verge of calling her for the nth time tonight when a taxi stops in front of us. Alena hurriedly exits the taxi and says as she grabs Laia's hand "I am so sorry, let's go."

I don't move, forcing everyone to stop. I ask worriedly "What happened to your car?"

"Later. Let's get a seat first." She answered not hiding her annoyance.

Like before, we take our seats and distribute the snacks we brought. This time though I make sure to sit beside Alena. Lucca casts me a questioning look to which I respond with a smile to reassure him.

Still protective but at least he trusts me more than before.

I focus my full attention on Alena hoping to be able to gauge if she is all right and nothing truly happened. However, my gut feeling tells me otherwise. Alena and I may not be in the best terms but she would never be so difficult to contact especially since she knew I had the kids with me. Also, though she is smiling and interacting with the kids normally, there seems to something off with her ... her aura?

Yeah, great observation Leo. Aura?

Sounds ridiculous, yes, but I have no other words to explain why I have this feeling.To avoid being heard by the kids, I move closer to Alena and with a low voice ask "What happened?"

She turns to me and flashes an annoyed smile. "Didn't I say lat--"

"Later after getting seats. And here we are ... seated." I interrupt matter-of-factly.

She maintains her smile answering "That is not helping your case. You know that right?"

I sigh at her stubbornness. Taking her hand in mine, I somberly say "Look Alena, I'm worried okay? Just tell me what happened so that my mind will be at ease."

Seeing my sincerity, she sighs and looks to the field to see if the game has started. With no other excuse left, she says "Something happened to the car."

Concerned, I immediately ask "Did you have an accident? What hap--"

"Nothing intense that would warrant concern from you." She answers with a hand raised to stop further questioning. I comply but, laced with every seep of worry I am feeling, I ask one last question. "You're truly, honestly, okay?"

Surprisingly, she responds with a beautiful smile on her face. She tightens my hold of her hand and says "Yes something happened but I promise that I am okay. Don't worry, you won't be having the responsibility of taking care of the kids by yourself anytime soon." She lets go and gives me a wink before turning her attention to the field.

The game begins and, make no mistake, I am happy to be here with my family watching my son's game. But I cannot completely bury my concern with whatever Alena is keeping from me. Now, in addition, I am bothered by the fact that she thinks I only care about her because of the kids. I guess despite our previous talk, in actuality our relationship doesn't even reach the level of "friends".

Or maybe it was until that run-in with Lauren.

Urghhhhh.

Distracted by my thoughts, only half of my attention is on the game. With my current state of mind, the game quickly passes and before I know it, the game is on break. I am only brought out from my thoughts when I see Alena looking around worriedly as if looking for someone.

"What's wrong Alena?" I ask.

She slightly jumps from her seat, surprised by my question. She must really be out of it if that shocked her.

"Alena what's wrong?" I repeat.

She shakes her head and gives me a strained smile "There's nothing wrong Leo."