play

"How do you feel?" Youko Morinomiya asked her only granddaughter as they walked back towards their car, Saikawa silently walking behind them.

The girl answered with a smile, "My arm feels so light! It feels so free and not so sweaty!" (Y/N) giggled.

Though almost invisible, the chairwoman's lips rised its corners. Saikawa smiled at her antics.

As they sat on their vehicle, (Y/N) turned to her grandmother. "Hey, I never got the names of the new residents of your house, grandmother. I only know that they are orphaned kids."

Youko only groaned. Saikawa answered instead, "Their names are Ryuichi and Kotaro Kashima, the former is of your age while the latter is a toddler."

The teenage girl hummed in understanding, the corners of her lips turning into a sad smile, "So they're just like me, huh?" She mumbled, her eyes downcast.

Her grandmother beside her took a quick glance at her figure, the older woman's heart clenching in pain and longing. She doesn't want her granddaughter, of all people, to feel sad and alone.

She quietly held her granddaughter's hand, silently providing comfort. (Y/N) felt her warmth and she doesn't feel so alone anymore.

"I miss them..."

The sun had set, (Y/N) was alone at her grandmother's house with Saikawa. Though the chairwoman told her that even though her cast was off, that doesn't mean that she can do any hard work immediately.

But (Y/N) still insisted on helping Saikawa with their dinner, the older male refused but the teenage girl literally begged him to, "Please! I feel as if I'm living off of my grandmother! Give-and-take is the law of the world and every man must work for his daily bread!" The girl rambled.

Saikawa smiled, noticing how similar the chairwoman and her granddaughter's mindsets are. The male cleared his throat, "If you insist, then I'm truly grateful for your help in preparing a grand supper for Ryuichi and Kotaro-sama's arrival in the estate."

The teenage girl gave him a small smile, amused by his very formal statement. She shrugged her shoulders and grabbed a kitchen knife, "What should I help you with?"

The girl followed the instructions made by Saikawa, she was great inside the kitchen, sometimes surprising Saikawa by her broad knowledge about culinary.

It was no surprise as her late father really loved homemade food, while her late mother loved making food for them. How she missed the days of helping her mother out, making her father's favorite dishes.

"Secret ingredient? Love! Affection! That's what my mother told me!" The girl exclaimed as she continued to mix the soup concoction, her hips moving from side to side as she hummed a song.

Saikawa looked amused by her antics, and resumed to slicing the fruits and placing them into a bowl.

A ring echoed in the kitchen, catching the attention of both (Y/N) and Saikawa. The older male wiped his hands in his apron and walked out to receive the call. After a few moments, he came back to the kitchen, his apron and bandana on hand.

"I apologize (Y/N)-sama, but I must attend to Ryuichi and Kotaro-sama." His face looked blank, but a slight twitch didn't go unnoticed by (Y/N).

The teenage girl looked worried, "Don't worry, I'll finish up your grand supper. Be safe on your way." She gave him an encouraging smile and a nudge towards the front door.

"I won't do anything stupid, Saikawa. You can leave the house to me!" The girl joked as she waved at Saikawa's retreating figure.

(Y/N) walked back to the kitchen and her (e/c) eyes roamed around the place, she puffed her chest, "Let's get to work!"