3

I remember the way Carter used to scare me in the evenings. He used to turn the lights off and when I walked inside, he would jump out and scare me. You would think I'd get used to it. You'd think I'd expected it. But there was something about the darkness that scared me each and every time. The idea of something jumping out of you from the darkness terrified me.

And now it seemed like every where I went there was darkness...

It was the little girl that attacked me. Roxanne. She moved with the same awkward movements as she did before that weren't as graceful ers but still extremely fast.

"I DARE you to say it again," she cried out.

Her voice was hoarse and full. It was completely different from the kind sweet and yet a little strange young bodied vampire that I met before. She was something else now. Her eyes were dark. Her pupils stretched.

She had her hand against my chest at least in conventional terms. It didn't seem threatening how she laid it on my chest, but I could see it in my eyes.

"Roxy stop," Arie stated.

She remained in her same position. Her eyes focused onto me. She was still threatening me. She still looked calm but I knew she would kill me. I could see where her hands lied on my chest.

I was horrified. I couldn't lie. The idea that she looked like a little girl didn't help. These things...these VAMPIRES were so strange to me.

Then I noticed where her hand was. It was on my heart. I could see the cruel intentions in her as she did this in such a calm way.

"Please," I begged, my voice shaking all of a sudden.

"Roxy," Arie repeated.

Roxy backed off, moving her palm away from my heart. It was like the calm after a storm. She transformed from the beast back into the innocent little girl once again. And it seemed like all was well. She took steps backwards. Her mouth which was once full of fangs retreated

"I'm sorry. I lost myself for a moment," she stated.

Seeing her transform was just frightening. What was worse was that Arie was looking at me as if I was the one who had turned into an animal.

"I apologize for him," Arie stated, "I take full responsibility. I wanted to keep him. So it is my responsibility."
She put her hand on her head.

"It's quite alright. Watch him around the others though. I'm afraid some of them may not have the same...control as I do."

Control! Control! She snapped out on me like a wild wolf. How the hell was that control?

She turned to me giving me a cold nod and then climbed down below.

Arie walked over to me. He threw me a pillow as though instructing me to lay down. I did what he was told. Then he came and lay beside me. He did it in a weird way. It reminded me of an angry mother. Even though she is angry and it is clear, she still manages to take care of her child regardless of the anger.

"You can't go around claiming things like that," Arie stated, "Some things aren't said. Some people aren't mentioned. Some things you just don't joke around with. Some names you just don't joke around with."
"Lil—I mean...the name that I said," I replied, "Who is she? What does she mean to you two?"

Arie shook his head, "You should drop this obsession with the forbidden."

He wasn't going to tell me.

"I...listen I'm not trying to offend anyone."

"You are beginning to test my patience. Don't forget the type of creature I've been. It will not take much to kill a vampire of your age."