He caught Naija absentmindedly watching him as he stacked all of the money together. He cocked a brow. "Need somethin', jit? Got a starin' problem?"

She shook her head quickly. "N-no..." she muttered. "Thass jus' a lota money. I've never seen so much."

He scoffed. "Yo eyes look hungry as fuck." He said. "It ain't nothin'. I got more den dis, ma."

She gasped inwardly almost in fascination. "More?" Her brows knitted lightly. "How do you earn it?" She asked.

He paused and briefly glanced at her. He doesn't earn it in ways one should earn money, and usually he doesn't share to others how he's earned it—not even Maw. "Nothin' you needa know." He shrugged. "But it ain't easy, and it ain't safe."

Drugs were the first thing that came into her mind. It had gotten many of her family members in trouble in the past—but also has earned them some finances. "Is it drugs?" She asked.

He paused and looked up again. Anybody could've guessed drugs, sure. But he didn't expect her to really know this much. "Part of it." His words were tight and brief with no elaboration. "Wass yo business wit' drugs?" He asked her.

She fidgeted with her fingers and shrugged her shoulders. "W-well the houses me and my cousins always stayed in were notorious for drug businesses and were always raided by police. W-we'd find money hidden away here 'n there.." she said lowly.

His brows raised. "Drug businesses huh?" He muttered

"Mmh."

He exhaled. "Thass part of what I'm all about, jit." He said and was silent for some time before his eyes connected to her's again. "You never did none of 'em drugs right?"

She was flustered. "No, never." She shook her head. "..but they did. They tried to convince me to do it too when I was about 15." She muttered.

He kissed his teeth and shook his head. "Don't do drugs, ma. Especially somebody like you. It ain't good for you. The addiction to that shit ain't no game. Lost a lot of my niggas to them things. I stopped after my second try 'n I ain't doin' it again. Lemme tell you somethin'," he paused as she focused all of her attention onto him.

He noticed she was greatly intrigued now and he's never seen her so attentive before. When he speaks, her eyes are always to the floor, but now she was all ears. "Tell me what?" She nearly whispered

"I may have some relations to drugs, but I'on do 'em. When you got a life like mine, you gotta do whachu gotta do. You might even run into shit like that too on them streets. If I catch you doin' any of that drug shit," he paused and laughed bitterly. "I'a straighten you out myself." He lowly said.

She gulped. "Understood."

"Good." He grunted, getting off of the bed.

Naija then watched as Bear jumped onto the bed where all the money was. She had never seen Michael whip his head back so quickly, nearly dashing to the bed.

"Bear...Bear" his voice lowered as the dog stood dangerously near the stacks of money, panting. "If yo ass step one more foot next to my money..." he threatened. "I ain't gon' walk you for a year."

The dog moved back and jumped off of the bed running out of the room as Naija caught herself almost laughing again. As soon as he looked at her she stopped and cleared her throat.

"When did you get Bear?" She asked timidly after he had gathered up the money and placed it somewhere safe.

"He was first my Maw's." He replied. "We had him since I was bout 17. I know she ain't gon' take care of no dog any longer so I took him in after I done moved out."