━ Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN : PART TWO
WHERE THE WORDS ARE VENOM

JANE GLARED AT SILAS FROM WHERE SHE SAT ACROSS FROM HIM

JANE GLARED AT SILAS FROM WHERE SHE SAT ACROSS FROM HIM. They were sat at a large wooden table, a wine glass filled with blood for Jane, which the blonde refused to drink, while Silas drank out of a scotch glass.

"I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to use your gift on me." His voice made her scowl even more and she resisted the urge to stick her tongue out at him.

Oh, how she loathed him.

"I would appreciate it if you would return me back to my home." She snarled back and Silas rolled his crimson eyes. "I mean really? Why am I even here?"

"Because I decided it." He shrugged, looking through an old book, crimson eyes flickering over the faded words with a slight furrow of brows. "Did you know that little aspects of your life and also your death can result in the gift you have?"

Jane frowned at that. Yes, she did know, and currently, she was wondering why he would ask such a thing.

"I don't remember much about being a human, Cecilia does though." Silas let a playful smile cover his face. "She said I was intimidating and everyone feared me, so I suppose that is where my gift came from."

"Your...Coven members have gifts too, do they not?" Jane questioned with a slight tilt of her head, though her guard was still up. "I know your sister does."

Silas nodded closing the book he was reading as he interlaced his hand, placing them on the table. "Peter has the ability to manipulate the weather, though it takes a lot out of him." Then he thought for a moment. "Tiana was a blacksmith when she was human, it was very uncommon for females to have such jobs when she was human, but she didn't let it affect her. Now she can manipulate metal."

"And your sister can control ice?" The blonde questioned and the male nodded slightly.

"Cel has the ability to use the water in the air to make ice, kinda like Frozone from The Incredibles." He chuckled when he saw the confused look on Jane's face. "It's a children movie, Tiana gets a kick out of them."

"So you changed Master Aro?" Silas made a sour face at the word Master and rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Do not call that arrogant fool Master." He scoffed slightly. "He does not deserve that title and my entitled opinion it sounds too much like a BDSM term." Jane looked disgusted causing him to chuckle. "Yes I changed both Aro and Marcus, Cecilia turned Caius."

"And Peter is-" Silas cut her off.

"Peter is Marcus's biological brother, though we call him Peter because he reminds us of a lot of Peter Pan. His real name is Octavian, but never call him that." The male then looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "What about you? What is the story behind Jane Volturi?"

The blonde immediately became defensive, eyes darkening - lips pulling into a snarl. "It's none of your business!"

Silas rolled his eyes and stood from the table, book in hand. She could tell he was annoyed as he placed the book back onto the shelf, though she hardly cared. "I am only trying to get to know you." He muttered, but the blonde heard him.

She scoffed with a roll of her eyes. "I don't want you to know me, I never wanted a mate - not now, not ever."

Jane didn't have time to react as her chair was wrenched around, Silas's glare right in front of her face as he kept on hand on the back of her chair, while the other rested on the arm - wood creaking under his strong grip.

"You are pushing on my last nerve Jane." He hissed. "I will not repeat myself again. This is not the Volturi, I will not put up with your bratty behavior and if I have too I will find some way to punish you."

Jane scowled at him, eyes burning with hatred as a growl vibrated in her chest. "You wouldn't dare."

He leaned forward, lips ghosting the shell of her ear and he smirked when she shivered ever so slightly. "Oh yes, I would."

━━━

Oh, they are both so stubborn.

Anyway, this chapter was a little bit happier, for the most part.

Don't worry Jane will warm up to Silas soon, we'll hopefully.

BATTLE SCARS will be updated soon as well as the next chapter of this book.

Until next time my amazing cupcakes!

Be good and Stay safe!