01

§|§|§

"Rio-neetan~ it'sh time to wake up~" The blonde's eyes slightly twtched at the cutesy voice she heard. Slowly, she opens her eyes and saw her niece. Her brother's first daughter, Riko Nakamura, a 2 year old. Rio can't help but creep a smile at the sight of her younger sister. She's not ready to be called auntie yet. She's still 16 for goodness' sake.

Riko was pinching her cheeks to wake her up. She chuckled and quickly made her stop. "Okay, okay. Onee-chan is waking up." She says, with such a gentle voice. Riko smiled happily, like a cute little girl she is. Unlike Rio, Riko has brown hair. But like Rio, Riko has blue eyes. Her brother said Riko's eyes reminded him so much of his little sister, bt instead of naming her Rio, he named her Riko.

They can't have two Rio Nakamura, y'know?

She slowly gets up from her bed and can't help but glance at her wall clock. Her eyes widened the moment she saw the time. Panic and annoyance started to brush on her.

Fuck! She's late for school!

With the innocent Riko, smiling happily and watching her auntie panic and quickly dresses to her uniform. To Riko, it was a usual sight. Rio dashes out of the room, carrying her bag while buttoning her white polo. She went to the bathroom, she brushes her teeth for a minute and half, washes her faces and combing her bed hair.

The next second she was in the kitchen, looking for some good food for breakfast. She happened to see, her sister-in-law and her stupid brother.

"ANIKI! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP?!" She shouted at him as she spread some strawberry jam on the toast. Her brother, was startled, and is clearly shocked and hurt.

"Hah?! Aniki?! That's Onii-chan for you, Rio—" He was quickly cut off by her glare.

"URUSAI! You know today is the start of our preparations for the school festival tomorrow! I'm the Class Rep and I'm late because of you!" She exclaimed once again, and ate the bread before heading out of the kitchen. The brother was in awe and the sister-in-law just chuckled at the usual fight.

"Ganbatte, Rio-chan~" She heard her sister-in-law cheered as she dashes to the entrance. She stopped her tracks at the entrance, quickly wearing her shoes, she holds the toast in her mouth. "Arigatou! See you!" She just shouted back before heading out of the Nakamura Residence.

She runs in the empty street, while savoring a strawberry jam toast. It's been a almost two years since she started living with her brother's family. It was closer to her school, that's why they just let her.

She's just started her second year senior high school and it's still the month of June. She was in a class full of interesting people, but because of her score on both entrance exam and their exams back in their first years, they decided to make her Class Rep for some reason. It was a big pain to her.

But oh well, at least she gets spoiled after school anyway.

Their school festival is tomorrow and her class decided to do a music cafe. You know, like some kind of bar but a cafe version. They really liked the idea since there are also some talented musicians in their class.

The moment she arrived at the gate, she saw some fellow class reps helping up with the sign. She stops her tracks and panted like crazy. "Nakamura! You're unexpectedly late!" The president, Obi, called her. She chuckled, but still out of breath for running.

"Gomena, kaichou! I-I threw my alarm at my brother yesterday so it was a bit troublesome waking up! Anyway, I better go and change too and help! Jaa nee!" She said, still pissed. Then she once again, runs to her building.