Vertigo (NY) 🍋

Start from the beginning

She sighed in disappointment at my reaction, "I guess you only see me as a friend, huh? I'll just leave."

I watched her as she sullenly walked away from me.

Gaining some confidence, I quickly gripped her wrist tightly yet softly. She looked back at me hopefully.

I gulped as my confidence withered, "I... I'm in love with you."

The smile she gave me when I said that will forever be plastered in my mind. She looked so happy and ecstatic.

"Y/n?" A hand waved in front of my face.

I snapped out of it and turned to see my coworker and bestfriend, Seulgi in front of me, "Huh?"

"I said do you think Nayeon will be fine with you coming to the club with me?" Seulgi questioned as she gave a customer his receipt.

I shrugged and started preparing the customer's drink, "As long as I don't cheat on her and if I'm with people who I can trust to look out for me."

Seulgi chuckled, "You? Cheat on Nayeon? That's about the same possibility as a pig being able to grow wings and fly."

I scratched my neck, "I love her. Why would I ever think about having someone else when I have her?"

Seulgi grinned, "That's cute. Be sure to stay next to me though, there are a lot of creeps at the club."

"Sure," I shrugged it off.

"Where is Nayeon by the way?" Seulgi frowned, "I haven't seen her in some time. She's usually next to you most of the time."

I chuckled as I handed her the customer's coffee, "She had a family thing to go to. Something about draining too many people."

"Ooo. A vampire fiasco," Seulgi teased and gave the drink to the customer, "How unusual."

I rolled my eyes, "Hey. Not all vampires are bloodsuckers who will drain you."

"Weren't you scared of Nayeon when she told you she was a vampire?" Seulgi cocked her eyebrow at me.

"...I honestly thought it was hot," I shrugged as my cheeks turned red.

Seulgi bursted out laughing as she heard my answer, "Wow."

I playfully smacked her shoulder, "Stop laughing at me! How did you react when Irene told you she was a vampire?"

"Honestly?" Seulgi murmured, "I was terrified of her. At least at first. But she kept pursuing me. Then one day she told me that if I really wanted her to leave me alone then just to tell her straight up..."

"And?" I gave her my full attention.

"I decided that if she liked me enough to let me go, even though it obviously killed her...Then why not give us a chance?" Seulgi smiled fondly at the memory but there was a hint of sadness in her eyes.

I softly smiled and patted her back, "You two make a great couple. Where's Irene? Is she coming to the club with us?"

"I think she went with Nayeon because of the 'draining too many humans' problem," Seulgi muttered quietly, "It'll just be the two of us."

"Ah okay," I nodded my head but couldn't help but notice that she seemed a bit checked out.

Time skip~

"Why'd you choose this club?" I looked around the place in disdain.

Seulgi rolled her eyes, "Because you didn't want to go to the other clubs. You are so picky."