What Prowls in the Shadows

Prologue 

This is the era of Jormungandr. I am 7 months pregnant with my first child. Its Father is nothing but a monster. He was the reason I was running in the cold snow of what would become Norway. I was not only running from this man I thought I loved, but in search of Jormungandr's temple. He was our god in this time period.

It is said he gives a great gift to one person every hundred years, as long as you are faithful to him. Thats why i am searching for his sacred temple, in hopes he will save my baby from its awful father to give it power to be able to get away from this god awful place.

When i finally found the temple my feet seemed to be frost bitten but luckily my vampire blood would heal my toes. I put this thought aside as I approached the large statue of our god, i began to kneel in front of the statue and began to pray, "Please almighty Jormungandr!!! Please give my baby power to get away from my monster of a husband!! Please give it power beyond anyone has seen!!! I beg you almighty Jormungandr!!!"

As i said this the ground began to shake and dust started falling from the big statue thats when I saw glowing serpent come from the statue. It looked at me briefly and then it seemed to inside my belly.I could feel my baby moving, squirming, and then abruptly it stopped and the glowing creature came out and did the oddest thing. It looked at me and nodded at me. Did he grant my wish? Or was i imagining what had happened??

I looked out the door of the temple, and saw it was dark so i pondered these questions as i walked home, hoping my husband was in a better mood. I used my abnormal speed to get home quick and stood at the door, unsure what to do.

Then the door opened and i heard a voice; "Marian? Where have you been?!" he yelled.

"I've been walking in the wood Thor, nothing to worry about." I said calmly.

"Nothing to worry about? Dammit Marian you are 7 months pregnant what if you started having the baby out in the wilderness and it killed you?", then he slapped me across the face a normal you worried me action coming from Thor. I knew i couldn't fight back, he was an older vampire which meant he was stronger than me.

After I kept the tears from falling, I looked back at him and said, "I am sorry i worried you Thor, it wont happen again." But i was hoping that what i wished for came true, that my baby would have power beyond her own fathers power, and it would get away from this man and maybe help the world.

Hope you like this!! this is my first story so comment, vote, and fan!!! Thank You!! xoxo