..:: Lost Kitten ::..

Every Saturday evening you made sure you took a nice long walk to clear your mind and get in some light exercise for yourself. It always did you some good, the sunset near the ends of your walks making it all worth it. Since some of the faculty at UA now had a staff dorm to stay in, you being part of that select group of staff, you had to find some new paths to wander for your walking routine. Doing so kept it interesting, and gave you more scenic options to clear your mind to; which was good since your thoughts usually consisted of Shota Aizawa and how much you adored him. As he too was residing in the staff housing, it was necessary to clear your mind of him just in case you accidentally made it obvious of your interest in him and embarrassed yourself if you passed him by. Thankfully the staff dorms were super nice though, so you would always get to look forward to a warm and comfy soak when you returned to your spacious unit to melt your worries away.

This Saturday in particular was an interesting one. As you were returning from your walk, about ten or twenty feet from the front of the staff building you heard the shrill sound of a mewling kitten ring out from within the vegetation, stopping you in your tracks. It's cries were piercing to you, and you quickly jogged over to the brush and dropped to your knees to search through it for the poor thing. It didn't take you too long to find it, and you pulled it in close to your chest with a gentle sob. It was covered in dirt, masking its bolid black coat of fur and practically starving. Your heart ached for the gentle creature, wondering who in the hell could leave such an innocent creature out there. Without a second thought you stood up and ran towards the housing complex knowing damn well you had to take care of the kitten before it ended up hurt. Upon getting to the front step, you found Shota standing there at the door with a concerned look on his face.

"Shota!" You gasped, skidding to a stop in front of him. "I..."

"I heard a kitten." He said, standing with wide and worried eyes. He then looked you up and down with his eyes resting on the kitten in your arms. "Ah, you heard it too. Inside, now. I have cat food and pet shampoo." He then said quickly, opening the front door and gesturing for you to go inside.

"Got it." You nodded, running in.

Shota then quickly darted ahead of you and led you toward his suite, you jogging through the halls behind him with the kitten tucked into your track jacket. As you ran you finally got a good look at the poor kitten, and realised how truly underfed it was, it's ribs showing through the dirty matted fur. It was also a female, and definitely abandoned. Just the thought of someone leaving an angel like that on her own broke your heart into pieces, and made you want to cry.

"Here." Shota said, pushing his door open for you. "I'll fill the sink with water for you."

Without a further word he ran to his kitchen sink and began filling it with warm water while you held the still mewling kitten close to your chest. You cooed and spoke gently to her, trying to calm her down. Shota's own cat was perched atop the fridge, curiously watching as you came up behind him once he shut off the sink and set out some feline safe shampoo on the counter.

"Thank you." You nodded, slipping in front of him and gently lowering the kitten into the water.

The kitten did not protest to the water, allowing you to wash her with ease as she only mewed in protest for a moment or two. Shota had started to prepare some food for the poor thing while you gently scrubbed away the dirt, lathering up her fur and rinsing it clean. Only once you lifted her from the water did she start to squirm and shiver, the cool air getting to her through her wet fur. You responded by quickly toweling her off and placing her in front of the prepared food on the counter as a distraction with the towel still draped over her. The kitten of course happily scarfed down the fool, clearly happy to be fed. You sighed with relief, and leaned your back on the counter.