twenty four ; battle of the aces [ 1 ]

Start from the beginning

"Don't mind!" Kanoka shouted, trying to cheer her teammates up.

Beep!

Everyone looked and saw Niiyama's coach had called for a timeout.

The girls separated and went to their coaches.

"Good job, we're definitely taking this set now." Reiji said as he looked at the girls who weren't even sweating.

Niiyama on the other hand, were sweating. Quite more than normal.

"Kanoka I'm going to--"

"Coach, I can do it. I can withstand her, I can deal with her. Just don't change my target, please." Kanoka said to her Coach.

"..."

"Coach please, it's only the first set. I'll get used to it."

"Yeah Coach. If she ever needs help, I can help her because on the court I'm the only other one to be on the same level as Sakamaki." Sakiko said as she put her hand around Kanoka's neck.

"Just...try not to get too exhausted." He said.

The two girls immediately beamed in delight, thanking their Coach all over again.

"(Y/n) hasn't scored a lot in the set." Subaru said.

"She's being smart, she's not trying to exhaust herself too much yet." Shu replied.

"It's what I'd do back then." Ayato said, looking at his daughter proudly.

Tweet tweet!

The timeout had ended and the girls went back to their positions.

10–1, Shiratorizawa.

"Miyumi nice serve!" Hana shouted.

Miyumi serves it with an underhand serve, Okuma positioning herself to do an overhead receive.

Hanako positions herself after Okuma sends the ball in her direction.

Now, at the front were Saki, Kanoka and Hanako. To the people who weren't really paying attention, the rotation seemed to be normal.

But to the volleyball players that were watching had already understood that a battle had begun.

The Battle of the Aces.

Why has it started? Well because both Kanako and (Y/n) are in the same position, facing each other directly.

The Ace of the Queens versus the Empress who could see the future and was more powerful than any female player in Japan.

Who would win?

"(Y/n)-chan!" Zoe shouted as she sets the ball towards her.

Kanoka and (Y/n) have a brief eye contact before they both looked at the ball.

As (Y/n) ran up to the net, she talked to Kanoka.

"How about I have you to...stop?" She said.

Everyone watched as Kanoka stopped midway, allowing (Y/n) to spike with ease and gain Shiratorizawa their eleventh point.

"What the..." Hanako trailed off, her eyes widened.

"Kanoka, are you okay?" Otani asked.