"Seems that it's jammed," said Techno, his voice laced with amusement. Sapnap groaned, pulling the lever yet again. "Yeah it's jammed, I can see that."

The king walked up to Sapnap and looked at the lever. He then looked at Clay, who was staring at them. Techno flashed him a quick grin before turning to Sapnap.

"Nick, you know I don't like liars," he hissed quietly, so that only Sapnap and Clay could hear. Sapnap's eyes widened. He turned around reluctantly.

"What do you mean?" Sapnap muttered back, keeping his voice low. Techno's smile faded. He turned to the people and clamped his hands together.

"This is Dream," he said loudly so that everyone could hear him. The crowd of people grew silent, "a man who was accused of murder of Mr. Brooker. However, what if I told you, that he was innocent."

The silence was broken by murmurs and mutters from the crowd. "Mr. Brooker was murdered by none other than his wife, Mrs. Brooker," Techno continued, a grin resurfacing on his face. Clay was staring at him as if he were mad. "On the day of the murder, I just so happened to see her commit the crime. She decided to flee before anyone figured out it was her, framing Dream instead."

"I saw right past her. I followed her and asked her about this. She lied to me. So I murdered her and disposed of her body, no harm done!" said Techno nonchalantly. Just then Clay remembered the encounter he had with Techno a few weeks ago.

Techno's hands. They were bloody.

"You know, Dream was even nice enough to help me out after the deed was done. He gave me food and helped me get back. I would have considered murdering him, if it wasn't for his kindness and hospitality," Techno added, turning to Sapnap, who was staring at them bewildered. "Please, Nick, take Dream off of the trapdoor and let him know he's free of charge."

Sapnap immediately walked over to Dream and took off the noose, helping him off of the platform. George made his way through the crowd and gave Clay a hug, sobbing with the biggest grin on his face. Techno smiled, turning to Sapnap.

"I know it was a mistake but do own up to your lies," Techno whispered, nudging him forward. He turned to Clay, who was smiling widely. "I think I owe you an apology on the behalf of Nick - he usually isn't like this. Why don't you spend the rest of the day here, you must be restless."

Clay nodded gratefully as George led him to the castle, their fingers intertwined. "I told you I'd be fine," Clay laughed weakly as they made their way through the castle. Tommy has just finished running from the top of the stairs. He was bent down, catching his breath.

"Hello, Tommy," said George reluctantly, his grin still lingering on his face. Tommy, however, was more interested in Clay.

"Dream! I knew you were innocent! We would make great friends, don't you think!" Tommy grinned, giving him a million dollar smile. Clay hesitated for a bit before replying. "Thanks for the offer. I'll take it into consideration."

Clay spent the next few hours in the castle. It was unbelievable how he felt, it was like a giant weight was taken from his shoulders. Soon enough, he was saying his goodbyes to all of the lovely workers in the castle.

"I'll definitely come and visit," said Clay cheerily, as he waved goodbye to Tommy, Phil and Wilbur, Vincent and Finn, who had been considerably warmer towards him and to Bad and even Sapnap.

Techno insisted to come with him and give his regards personally. George decided to tag along. The three men made their way out of town and into the village, which Clay recognised immediately. When he arrived at the house, he was greeted by his alarmed father and mother who has burst into tears.

"Clay! Oh, where have you been? Gone for over a month, we were scared to death!" his mother, Anne, cried as she pulled him into a hug. Her eyes widened when she spotted George and Techno. "Oh and you brought friends? How lovely, but this doesn't excuse your month long absence!"

"I'm sorry, I was in a bit of a pickle," said Clay weakly, glancing at George, who nodded, "but let's not talk about that now. George and Techno have to go soon."

The father grinned and mother gasped when they heard the name George. "George? As in Clay's George? From Haishi Town?" she said excitedly and George nodded, making her squeal as she hugged him as well. When she pulled away, her eyes landed on the pink haired boy. "You wouldn't be.. there's no way."

"I am King Technoblade, also known as the Blood God, Techno, Leader of Haishi, synonyms," Techno replied, monotonely.

"But- the king, in our village-" Clay's father, Dame, spluttered. Techno smiled at the effect he had on people. "What are you doing here?"

The pink haired king took out a box filled with food Clay could only dream of. "My personal thanks from me to you. You see, your son was nice enough to help me out. I only think it's fair that I give you something in return," Techno beamed, handing it over to the parents, who looked like they were going to faint.

"I better be on my way, I need to make sure Tommy doesn't set fire to the kitchen again. Phil and Wilbur are with him but who knows what he might get himself into, " he said quickly, glancing at the parents one last time. He turned to George. "Are you coming?"

The brunette nodded, giving Clay one last hug before walking away slowly. "You better come visit," George yelled over his shoulder, making Clay laugh. His parents were smiling as they left.

"I'm glad you're back, but where in the world were you?" Dame asked, closing the door to their house. Clay smiled at them cheekily as he sat down on the chair. "The forest."

He wasn't lying, he did spend most of his time in the forest. His parents decided not to question it. They also didn't question his sudden disappearences, as almost every day Clay would go and visit George, back in Haishi Town.

They would spend most of their time alone together, enjoying each other's presence, just like when they were children.

They wouldn't have it any other way.

The End.