━ Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE : PART ONE
WHERE THE PAST COMES TO LIFE

CHAPTER FIVE : PART ONEWHERE THE PAST COMES TO LIFE

SILAS WATCHED AS JACOB WALKED TOWARDS THE BONFIRE. The shifter moved over to the middle of the trees with some wood in his arms and dropped it on the ground. He shared a look with the eldest vampire then looked at Benjamin who smirked and used his powers to produce fire from his fingertips and threw it on the wood, flames covering them seconds later.

"That's what I'm talkin' about. A little pre-battle bonfire. Telling war stories." Jacob smiled taking a seat on one of the logs, sitting next to Silas who nodded at him with a smirk.

"Or just standing there like frickin' statues." Silas snorted loudly when Jake nudged him with a chuckle. A gust of wind sounded and Silas rolled his eyes playfully when Garrett appeared before them, a smirk on his lips.

"Name any American battle. I was there." He boasted, leaning towards the fire grinning widely, making Silas chuckle in amusement.

"Little Bighorn." Jacob named.

"I came this close to biting Custer." He showed the distance between his thumb and pointer finger. "But the Indians got him first."

Kate was there a second later perched in Garrett's lap - a smirk on her face.
"Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople. He didn't win that one on his own."

"If you're talking battles, you're talking the Eleven Years' War. No one does rebellion like the Irish." Liam a vampire from the Irish coven spoke up, making Tiana look over at him with a raised eyebrow from where she sat between Cecilia's legs on the cold ground.

"You lost the Eleven Years' War." Both her and Garrett said that the same time, causing a few chuckles to erupt from the people around them.

"Aye, " Liam smirked. "But it was one hell of a rebellion."

Silas smirked at that as Peter joined him on the log, the long-haired male sharing the look.

━━━

SILAS AND HIS COVEN SAT STILL AS THE ROMANIANS TOLD THEIR STORY. Cecelia rolled her eyes every now and again while Peter merely smirked in amusement. Tiana was shaking in silent laughter the whole time, earning a stern look from the eldest of the clan.

"When we ruled, everything came to us. Prey, diplomats, favor seekers. Such was our power. But we never put on white hats and called ourselves saints." Vladimir told, sitting straight up as he let his crimson gaze travel the witnesses.

"We were honest about what we were." Stefan added, with a nod - his body slightly tense.

"We sat still for a very long time. We didn't notice we were beginning to petrify." The ashy blonde sighed leaning forward slightly arms rested on his knees.

"Perhaps the Volturi did us a favor when they burned our castles." Stefan spoke sadly before shaking his head and looking over to Vladimir, giving a nod to his friend - who returned the gesture.

"We've been waiting 1,500 years to return that favor. We have been ready to do battle for ages." Vladimir ended a snarl on his lips.

"Well, for one the Volturi had every right to do what they did." Cecilia mumbled earning a smack on the back of the head from her older brother.

Stefan sneered at the brunette and Silas growled eyes going obsidian. "Of course you and your family would agree."

"I spared your life 10,000 years ago Stefan." Silas hissed, eyes glaring black at the Romanian vampire. "Don't make me regret it now."

Everyone could feel the tension that swirled around the two covens. They could also feel a dark fear swarming around them.

"So Silas, " Jake spoke up, causing the older male to look over at him, eyes returning to crimson. "What is your story?"

Silas raised an eyebrow, while Cecilia scoffed. "Great now we are going to be here for hours." She muttered under her breath, hissing when Silas kicked her shin.

"I don't remember much about how I turned, but I do remember going to find Cecilia. I turned her, then we traveled for a few thousand years before I met a man." Silas' eyes narrowed. "He was ambitious and I thought maybe he would have some use as a vampire, little did I know I would come to regret that decision."

"He traveled with us before we found another man who I turned." Cecelia spoke up growling under he breathes.

"Then they found me and my older brother. We were traveling alone, heading to the markets when Silas found us. I had been shot by a bandit and was bleeding, so he turned me and my brother." Peter added in with a shrug.

"When we saw how the world was in chaos I proclaimed we should have a new vampire government and our new members all agreed. Though the power went to one's head." Silas sighed, meeting Carlisle's eyes and the blonde nodded.

"Aro went mad for power, and Caius was not far behind." Cecilia guffed. "That blonde doesn't know when to stop throwing a temper tantrum."

"Wait so you two founded the Volturi?!" Emmett gawked and the siblings nodded.

"Mhmm. Though we left after a while, Aro was beginning to drive us all mad." Cecilia mumbled.

"I left my brother behind, Marcus said that all of them shared a soul brother bond and as much as I hate Caius and Aro, I don't want to hurt my brother." Peter muttered.

Edward met Silas' eyes. "So if Aro would fear anyone it would be you."

Silas gave him a cruel grin. "Correct, Edward."