"I don't recall our last Marvel team-up working out so well," Hamish said. "The book is key to everything," Alyssa Drake claimed, "And right now, Edward is at his most vulnerable."

"You sure about that?" Randall countered. "He needs to complete the final sacrifice before the Vade Maecum will bond with him."

"What's the final sacrifice?" Hamish inquired. "His son," Alyssa answered. "His firstborn son," Jack spoke, "You know what we need to do to beat Coventry?" Jack turned around to face the three. "Absolutely nothing," Jack said, smirking.

"What the fuck?" The three responded.

~~~~

(Later. Third Person View)

Jack grabbed his backpack and walked out of the den. Randall followed his pursuit, "Dude," Randall said. Jack reached for the door but was stopped by Randall pushing it. "We cannot leave them there," Randall said. 

"You heard Alyssa? They made their choice," Jack said. Randall scoffed and shook his head. "They sacrificed themselves for your girlfriend," he said, "And you're going to thank them by leaving them there."

"Oh please," Jack rolled his eyes, "Y/N is Vera's daughter, and I'm pretty sure Lilith can take care of herself."

"Do you listen at all?" Randall countered, "Have you not even heard how much Y/N hates her Mother right now? And you're practically the first friend that Y/N met. When you were in the mindshit, you didn't see how worried she was for you. And Lilith, hell, she was worried like shit too." 

Jack crossed his arms, tensing his jaw. "I thought we gave our lives to the cause?" Jack asked. "Yes, but the oath doesn't say anything about abandoning our friends." Alyssa walked down the stairs, walking up to the two. "Good luck talking any sense into him," Randall said. Jack reached for the door once more but was stopped by his girlfriend. "Nothing?" Alyssa said, quoting Jack's words. "That's your big plan?" she added.

"That is my plan," Jack said, nonchalantly. 

"I can't believe you're just going to run away."

"I'm not running. I'm laying low, and when Edward fails to pay the sacrifice-"

"You mean as soon as he murders your little brother," Alyssa interrupted. "He's not my brother, okay?" Jack denied.

"Keep telling yourself that," Alyssa said.

"You know what, it's Eddie's turn to feel what loss is like," Jack said, "Now give me my fucking keys." She pulled the keys out of her pocket and threw them into the woods beside them. She turned around, walking back into the den.

~~~~

Alyssa stood in front of Randall and Hamish as they discussed their plan. "This is as bad as Jack's idea," Alyssa said, shaking her head. "I think it's great," Randall said. "That's because you suggested it," Hamish responded, looking at his friend.

"You love it."

"I said it has potential."

"Abduct Maddox and trade him for the girls?" Alyssa said, repeating their 'great' plan. "We get Y/N and Lilith out of The Order's clutches," Randall explained, "Edward sacrifices the wrong person, the Vade Maecum fails. It's perfect."

"It's murder," Alyssa said. "At best, it's depraved indifferent to human life," Hamish said. "I always forget you were pre-law," Randall said, looking at Hamish. "My Father doesn't," Hamish replied. "I can't be part of this," Alyssa claimed, looking down at the ground. "You don't have to do anything," Randall responded. "Just tell us where Edward lives," Hamish ordered.