Reincarnated Mate [1]

Chapter 1

            “YOU WHAT!!!” I shouted at my parents.

            My mother was shaken and my dad looked grim and apologetic.

            “We went to this cool casino called Black Iris.  We had a great time and we won some and lost some and before we knew it we lost more than we won and we owed the owner money.

            “We offered to work in his casino to pay off what we owe, but this idiot here,” mom slapped my father’s shoulder, “told me that we had to get home to take care of you and well, that got the owner interested.”

            “So, he made us a bargain, that is we give you to him and the only way we can get you back is to pay off what we owe. It was that or he’ll do terrible things to us.”

            I groaned and sat on the chair with my head between my legs trying to breath normally.

            “Sorry honey,” my mother whispered and stroked my hair.

            There was an impatient honking outside.

            “You better hurry up and pack, they are waiting on you,” My dad said grimly.

            I growled softly and walked upstairs and stuffed my backpack with jeans and shirts and underwear.  I packed some of my favorite books and zipped it closed.  I brought my iPod and cell phone and left my room and walked downstairs.

            I mumbled goodbye to my parents, still too mad at them to hug them and walked outside.  There was a limo waiting in the front of the house, the drive opened the back door and I slid in and he closed the door.  I heard the limo start and started to roll.  I looked back and wave at my parents who were waving back.  Mom was crying and my dad was holding her, I saw tears leak out of his eyes.

            “Don’t worry, you’ll see them again, if they pay off that they owe,” a deep voice said.

            I flipped around and saw a man at the corner of the seat across from me.  He was dressed in black, so I didn’t see him as soon as I got into the car.

            “What’s your name?” he asked.

            I glared at him for a moment and then said, “Jacob.” When the guy didn’t offer his name I asked, “What is your name?”

            There was a long moment, “Caleb.”

            I sank back into the chair and took out my IPod and put in the ear buds and turned the volume up high and listed to rock and pop music.  I looked at Caleb; he was looking out the window.  I did the same; I was soon lost in my own world.  Every now and then I could feel his gaze on me.