#26 Didn't damage that shot did I?

Start from the beginning

I turned and spotted her instantly and my mouth watered at the sight. She wore a really tight, short dress that looked a little too overdressed for a hotel room party but she toned it down with converses instead of heels. Her hair was braided back and she had odd little silver rings through the braids, did she pierce her hair? Is that even a thing?

I made a mental note that she was drinking and I needed to prepare myself because I didn't know how she was going to react when she's had a drink. She tipped the bottle into her mouth and then instantly picked up another without taking a break. 

Call me damaged but then come to my party and drink my alcohol. 

I watched her down drink after drink and her body language became less tense with each one.  My eyes followed her as she crossed the room and headed towards the mini fridge, she bent down and opened the door with greedy eyes.

No way, that's a step too far.

I charged her way banging my foot against the door of the fridge.

"Oh no! They're for you." I pointed towards the table of luke warm beers that sat out on the table for the party guests. Wouldn't want to damage her night but the cold beers were mine and my friends, after all we bought them.

She raised her eyebrows at me, amused by my protection over the mini fridge. She was challenging me, unaffected by my cold glances and emotionless expressions. As much as I hated to admit it, it made me heat up inside. I wanted to grab her and kiss the the challenging smile right off her face, and I never want to kiss anybody.

"Tia, could you use one of these?" She shouted over to her friend as she jangled two cold bottles between her fingers. 

Don't mess with me Olivia. 

"Sure could." I heard her friend shout from behind me.

Olivia burnt her eyes into mine, raising the glass bottle to her lips and taking generous sips not releasing her eyes from my gaze. It took everything in me to hold back from grabbing her and throwing my tongue down her throat. I wanted to be furious but how I could be when she was captivating and exciting. She played me at my own game and she won. 

***

I gave her space during the whole party but I watched her carefully, making sure nobody tried it on with her. Especially Ben who seemed to be laughing at everything she said. The sight turned my stomach. I even stopped drinking so I was sober enough to keep composure around her when she was quite clearly wasted. The party was dying down thankfully and when I returned from the bathroom I scanned the room but couldn't find Olivia. 

"Where's Olivia?" I asked her friend who was currently dancing like an idiot on my bed.

"She's gone outside." her friend replied, letting loose a drunken giggle.

"Outside?" I replied with an alarmed gasp "And you didn't think to stop her?" Is her friend stupid or something?

Her friend just let out an infuriating laugh. She's gone outside in the middle of the night when she's completely wasted. Anything could happen to her. My heart raced in a sickening way as the worry washed over me. I ran out quickly, taking two steps at a time until I reached the lobby, hoping someone manning the desk stopped her but nobody was there. I pushed open the doors and looked left and right down the street, overwhelmed with panic. My heart relaxed when I spotted her standing under the yellow glow of the street light, she was about to turn the corner. She was exhaling air sharply, watching a collection of small mist leave her mouth each time. 

I grabbed her arm and yanked her round to face me, I was so mad at her. Mad she made me panic, mad she risked herself walking the streets in an unknown area in the early hours of the morning, mad she thinks I'm damaged. 

"Liv you're not allowed outside after hours. It's not a great area and you are drunk. Get back in before you put us all in shit street." Or get hurt.

"Liam" She dragged out the syllables of my name and spoke with a humor, one that didn't sound like it was directed to me. "Here he is folks." She spoke like she was putting on a show and talking to her audience, like I wasn't there and she waved her arms around exaggerating my existence. "So angry at me. I don't even know what I've done. You are not a nice boy. A very, very, very not a nice boy." She stuttered her words, it wasn't even cute.

Don't worry sweetheart, me not being nice is all part of my damage.

"You're making a fool of yourself. Get back inside." 

Before you say something that hurts me even more.

"No, no, no. Not until you tell me why you're mad." 

"It doesn't matter why, just get back inside." 

I wasn't having this out with her. I wasn't willing to remind her of what she thought, why she thought it and why it's true. I am damaged that's the end of it. She's made her feelings abundantly clear. She stood closer to me, reading my mind with her intrusive eyes.

"I... I hurt you?" It was like a sobering revelation had washed over her and I wanted to run away and hide.

"I said it doesn't matter, now c'mon." I pleaded one last time to get her to move before I revealed too much. She stood firmer on the ground, even more reluctant now to leave.

"No. You have to tell me what I did." 

"You don't want to know." 

"Why not?" 

"Because... because I'm damaged."

I watched her face drop as the realization set in, she said nothing and neither did I. But I tugged on her arm again and this time she willingly moved back towards the hotel. I could see her nervously biting her lip on the way back to our rooms but I was feeling too broken up inside to get aroused about that right now. I entered my room, closing the door behind me and leaving her standing alone in the hallway.