Chapter 1: Gracefield

"What is this?"

"What is this?"

A little girl at the age of six, Emma, asked. Her bright orange hair and ahoge bouncing as she stepped forward to grab ahold of the bars in front of her, her dough eyes with emerald green orbs showing innocent curiosity.

"It's a gate. It connects the inside and outside."

The same age as Emma, Ray said as he stared boringly into the darkness. He had raven black hair, half covering his right narrowed eye.

"Outside, huh?" Emma said, "We've never been outside."

"Yeah."

A boy with light pink hair agreed, his soft short locks swaying as he nodded. (Name) directed his gold-like dough eyes towards the albino that started to speak.

"That's because we've been here ever since we were born."

His blue ocean-like dough eyes moved toward the pink-haired boy that looked at him. Norman softly smiled at him, as did (Name), and directed both of their gazes back towards the gate. Norman had snow-white hair, a strand of hair standing out as it looked like a twisted horn at the side of his head.

"Mom always tells us, doesn't she?" Emma said with a smile as she looked back at the gate, "'Don't go near the gate or fence in the back of the forest because it's dangerous.' "

Ray stared at her, and then directed his gaze back into the darkness, "That's obviously a lie."

"Really?" (Name) looked at the raven-haired boy.

"Hey, Ray!" Emma excitedly asked, "What do you wanna do once you go outside?"

Ray thought for a moment in silence, looking back up and toward the energetic girl, "I don't know. What about you?" Ray asked back.

"I want to ride a giraffe!!" Emma yelled enthusiastically with a big smile.

"Good luck."

"Hey, Hey! (Name), what do you want to do when you go outside?"

(Name) Put a finger to his chin and hummed in thought, "I'd... I'd like to go to an aquarium with everyone!" He said with a small blush and a big smile.

Norman reached out to one of the bars and stared ahead, "I wonder..." He held another, "I wonder what the gate is protecting us from."

(Name) and Emma tilted their heads as they stared into the tunnel.

~~~

((The Promised Neverland Opening "Touch Off" If you wanna know if it doesn't appear on your screen))