𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

Start from the beginning

I don't know what I did in my past life to deserve the people I surround myself with right now.

I just spent most of my birthday the way my parents and I usually spend it, be it in LA or South Carolina. We chilled in the living room, a movie playing on the TV and eating some pizza. For the past 3 years, my mom scolded me about having pizza every year for my birthday, but I told her it was one of the few days in the year that I get to binge on pizza, so she huffs and leaves me be.

At 2:30, as if on schedule, my gran called. Ever since I moved to LA, I haven't gotten the chance of flying back to South Carolina to visit her or my old friends. Some have kept in touch, while others only texted me when they wanted something.

It was finally 3PM, Niall and I both posting about the release of the song, as tempted as I was to stay on social media and read the comments, I decide against it. I don't want to drown in self loathing today.

    It was later in the day that Kelsey had arrived, make up and hair artists in tow

It was later in the day that Kelsey had arrived, make up and hair artists in tow. As soon as I posted the promo for Seeing Blind, I got off my phone immediately, telling myself I should read the comments tomorrow as I don't want to ruin my day.

I stand in front of the mirror, internally debating my choice of costume for my birthday, and coincidentally, halloween. Kelsey and I argued for the past week, regarding our costume for today. She wanted to be an angel and my costume was to be a devil, but I told her it was too basic and ironic. So, we both eventually agreed that we would do a sun and moon goddess inspired costume.

Kelsey was decked out in a beautiful black and gold gown that was sheer, but covered the right areas. She adorned a beautiful crystal headdress, that had a moon in the middle.

Whilst talking to my stylist a week ago, Kelsey managed to get me into a gold one shoulder gown, that was tight, one side was mesh with gold details, while the other half was a beautiful gold fabric, hugging my body in the right places. My stylist, Kira, also had made a beautiful headdress, with the rays of the sun, and managed to put jewels on my face.

My parents decided to go tonight, after days of begging. In previous Halloween Birthday parties, my parents never attended, it was ultimately their decision, but tonight, they wanted to celebrate. My mom wore a Red Riding Hood costume, looking way younger than what she actually is, and my dad in a black suit with a red button down, the devil.