𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

Start from the beginning

"Let me go call him and see if he could come down here so we could record!" He suggests, and I nod. Relief starts to wash over me as I realize I could possibly be done with my album before management's deadline.

Jamie came back into the studio from calling Niall, mentioning how he'll be here in 15 minutes. I nod, and Jamie and I start to sing a song I've loved since I was 17.

I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her
I'm right over here, why can't you see me
I'm giving it my all, but I'm not the gal you're taking home
so I'll keep dancing on my own.

I started to sing as my fingers pressed the keys of the piano. I felt as if I was the only person in the room.

So far away, but still so near
The lights come up, the music dies
But you don't see me standing here
Babe I came to say goodbye.

Soon enough, Jamie looked at me, a sad expression on his face as he gave me slow claps.

"You know, it wouldn't hurt to cover that song." He suggests, and I just shook my head no. I've already heard enough from Camille about me being a 'pathetic little bitch', I don't need the whole world agreeing with her.

Niall soon arrived, waiting by the front door as I welcomed him in. He gave me his cheekiest smile, grinning as if he was excited to see me. We walk to the studio, Niall's head softly looking left and right to subtly look at my house.

"You're house is beautiful McKenna." He says, and I smile shyly, thanking him.

As soon as we entered the studio, Jamie and Niall gave each other their bro hugs, Niall then sitting next to me on the couch.

"So, Jamie told me you wanted to collaborate with me?" He asks, and I nod. I grab my journal, flipping it to the page where the lyrics Harry and I wrote were scribbled out. I pass him my journal and he reads over the lyrics.

"Wow, that's a beautiful song." He says, as he hands me back my journal. I smile in return, soon grabbing my guitar and placing it on my lap to show Niall how the song goes.

As soon as we've both perfected the harmonies, we were pushed into the recording studio by Jamie to finish the song.

After 5 hours of Jamie being an absolute perfectionist, we were done with the song.

"I think I want this to be my first single." I say confidently to both Niall and Jamie as we listen to the track. Niall gives me a smile, while Jamie just nods his head in agreement.

After a long day of recording, Jamie hating the record, then recording again, we finally were able to chill in the studio. My feet propped up on Niall's lap as Jamie spins around in the producer's chair.

"Kenna?" My mom bursts in the studio, door wide open and she sees Niall and Jamie, who both give her a sheepish smile.

"Oh great, you have company!" She exclaims, Niall and Jamie quickly rush to their feet to greet my mom, who envelopes both of them in big hugs.

"I just wanted to ask what you wanted for dinner." She says, and I shrug my shoulders, Niall and Jamie doing the same. She gives me a glare to which Niall laughs at.

"Uh- I don't know, pizza I guess?" I say, shrugging my shoulders and my mom groans at my inability to choose healthy food. She soon leaves the studio, leaving Niall, Jamie and I in silence.

"So," Niall starts, tapping my shin with his fingers, "Heard you're dating Harry now"

And as soon as those words left his lips, the room shifted into awkward air. Jamie turning his head to me, and Niall looking at me with a look of confusion, and worry?